Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and different operating techniques. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, AAC, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 files, and more.
Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with limitless undo), combine tracks collectively, apply results to your recordings, change the speed or pitch of a recording, and actually a lot more.
Audacity permits FLAC support. The program additionally has a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode, and a frequency evaluation window for audio evaluation purposes.
Built-in results embody Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it additionally supports VST plug-in results.
Audacity is without a doubt top-of-the-line and best digital audio editors in the marketplace and it will meet any requirement at 100% regardless of if it’s a residence or skilled audio version.
Audacity Key Features
- Cut, copy, splice, or combine sounds collectively.
- Record live audio.
- Supports 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating-level) samples (the latter preserves samples in extra of full scale).
- Record computer playback on Windows Vista and later by selecting “Windows WASAPI” host in Device Toolbar then a “loopback” enter.
- Import and Export WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis files.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- Import and export AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), and WMA with the non-compulsory FFmpeg library (this additionally supports the import of audio from video files).
- Numerous results together with change speed or pitch and vocal discount or isolation (given suitable stereo tracks).
- And more! See the whole list of features.
- .aup3 Project Format
- Label Sounds & Noise Gate
- Bugs fixed
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- macOS 10.7 – macOS 10.15
(Windows 10 might require appropriate audio drivers.)
Size: 28 MB