Cakewalk by BandLab is a FREE award-winning Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for professional music recording, mixing, and mastering. From getting a great tone to releasing the final mix, today’s musicians must master every element of the music production process.
Easily compose complete songs and performances with creative songwriting tools and instruments. Capture inspired performances with pristine quality and unlimited audio and MIDI tracks.
Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch, time, and any other aspect of your recordings. Achieve pristine pro-studio sounds and create big, clear, dynamic mixes with advanced mixing tools.
Polish your finished mixes to perfection with built-in mastering tools. Export and publish your songs directly to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook and more.
Dial-up the perfect synth sound with Rapture or a searing guitar tone with TH2 Producer. Record it, tighten it, chop it, and drop it in the Matrix for realtime triggering. Shape it with the expandable ProChannel. Warm it with the Console Emulator. And do it all with a single Smart Tool.
Cakewalk by BandLab leaves other DAWs in the dust with industry-leading features. Edit and correct vocals like a pro with Melodyne Essential. Create the most realistic and authentic drums sounds with the full version of XLN Audio Addictive Drums.
Get that epic, pro-sound that has defined the last 25 years of recording with the ProChannel. Now with the QuadCurve EQ Zoom and analyzer for the ultimate precision. Get that vintage analog sound with the new ProChannel Tape Emulator and the Console Emulator.
Cakewalk by BandLab Key features:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Mix with unlimited effects sends and busses
- Move seamlessly across all your production tasks with Skylight Interface
- Record and mix with the end-to-end 64-bit double precision engine
- Gobbler cloud saving and sharing
- Program beats using the Step Sequencer
- Play loops in real-time with the Matrix View
- Customize searing guitar tones with Overloud TH2 Producer amp sim
- Create modern, electronic dance sounds with Z3TA+ Classic
- Play and record with 23 instruments including Rapture and Dimension Pro
- Edit audio and MIDI, hassle-free, with Smart Tool and Smart Grid
- Get full control of the timing and feel of your tracks with AudioSnap
- Custom touch support on touch-enabled devices running Windows 10
- Get that epic, pro studio sound with the ergonomic ProChannel console strip
- ProChannel Console Emulator and new Tape Emulator for authentic vintage analog sound
- Add lush reverb with the versatile BREVERB SONAR VST and ProChannel module
- Includes 8 ProChannel modules – expandable with additional modules (sold separately)
- Finalize and master your songs with high-quality Linear Phase plugins
- Share your music on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, and now YouTube
And it doesn’t stop there with a new mixing suite powered by the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes FX and BlueVerb, Tone2 BiFilter 2, AAS Lounge Lizard Session, AAS Strum Acoustic Session, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and much more.
Cakewalk by BandLab now boasts a powerful new line up designed to meet the needs of any musician, regardless of skill level or budget. You always get the latest and greatest version no matter when you make your purchase. In addition, enjoy 12 months of rolling updates and keep everything you received – forever.
- Automatic dropout restart behavior. By default, Cakewalk will now automatically restart the audio engine when certain kinds of benign dropouts are detected. If playback is underway, the dropout is handled and playback resumes automatically from where it left off. This behavior can be changed in Preferences > Audio – Configuration File by setting the RestartEngineAfterDropout flag. Set to ‘False’ to revert to the prior behavior of displaying a dropout toast notification.
- Latency updates from the ASIO driver panel are immediately reflected in the Preferences dialog box.
- ASIO latency can be set from the Preferences dialog box. For supported audio devices, the latency slider in Preferences > Audio – Driver Settings can now be used to change the audio buffer size without the need to open the manufacturer’s ASIO panel.
- StopEngineOnASIOPanelOpen Aud.ini variable. A few ASIO devices require that the host should not use the device while making changes to devise settings. Some devices may display an error or gray out the controls in the ASIO panel while others may silently ignore changes. In prior versions of Cakewalk, the only solution was to exit the app for such devices. In version 2019.11, you can set the ‘StopEngineOnPanelOpen’ variable in Edit > Preferences > Audio – Configuration File. Setting it to ‘True’ will automatically stop and release the ASIO interface, allowing you to change settings in Cakewalk.
- Change settings in the Preferences dialog box while audio is playing.
Workspaces (Lenses) enhancements
- Lenses have been renamed to Workspaces to better reflect their core function, which is to act as a global template for the UI layout/configuration.
- The Workspace Manager has a new Description field that allows you to include a text description of each workspace.
- On fresh installs of Cakewalk, the onboarding wizard lets you select an initial workspace (default is Basic). Note: The Help > Get Started command now launches the onboarding wizard.
- Global keyboard shortcuts persist whether using a factory workspace or ‘None’.
- The Workspace Manager will now prompt to save changes to the current workspace if necessary.
- In the Workspace Manager, the Save button is only available if the workspace has been changed.
- You can select a workspace when no project is open.
- Several factory workspaces have been updated to improve workflow.
- Switching workspaces to ‘None’ no longer affects the active theme.
- Switching Workspaces no longer affects project track and bus sizing.
- The new Track view View > Display Muted Takes in Parent Track option allows you to display muted takes in the parent track.
- Added Instrument Support for Mackie Control surface.
- Simpler activation. BandLab Assistant now has a Refresh Activation option. In the rare case when you need to reactivate
Cakewalk, log in to BandLab assistant and choose the Refresh Activation option from the Cakewalk drop-down menu in the Apps tab.
- Click the Sample Rate or Bit Depth fields in the Control Bar Transport module to open audio preferences.
- The minimum gap between Control Bar modules has been increased when the ‘Lock Module Order and Center’ are enabled.
- The Split tool now supports a single clip splitting across clips in Taking lanes. On the lower half of clips, there is a new cursor to indicate when splitting the current clip or all clips on the track. This cursor appears only if there are multiple lanes on the track.
- The Split tool now respects the Auto Crossfade state.
- The Comp tool now respects the Auto Crossfade state.
- The Default MIDI Prepare Buffer size has been reduced to 200 msec. Limitations preventing the MIDI buffer from being set lower have been removed. There should be no need to change the buffer size from the new default value anymore since the engine automatically raises the internal size when necessary.
- On the first launch, Cakewalk will reset the MIDI buffer size to the new default value of 200 msec (Preferences > MIDI – Playback and Recording > Prepare Using n Millisecond Buffers).
- Meters and now time display are now more responsive and uses less CPU when multiple projects are open. Rapid scroll and clip drag operations in the UI no longer cause meter and time updates to lag.
- Various improvements to audio engine for better ASIO compatibility.
- Optimized audio engine to set ASIO buffer sizes and sample rates more efficiently.
- Minimized the number of VST3 starts/stop state changes during project load. This greatly improves the load time for certain plug-ins such as Vienna Ensemble Pro.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7 or higher (64-bit only)
- Multi-core Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 3GB free disk space
- 1280×800 screen resolution
- ASIO compatible hardware is recommended
64-bit Mix Engine
The first to offer this precision audio technology, SONAR’s advanced 64-bit mix engine delivers clean, dynamic, accurate mixes every time.
Never worry about signal degradation again. You can always be sure your plug-ins are outputting the highest quality audio possible.
SONAR supports the most stable, accurate, and efficient plug-in format for Windows machines so you can use more FX and synths in your project.
Another industry first, SONAR’s compatibility with touch devices adds analog feel and workflow-enhancing efficiency.
Compatibility comes standard. We’re always on top of our game, ensuring support on all the most current Windows platforms.
Harness the power of Audio Random Access for seamless integration of powerful and modern editing tools.
Size: 572.72 MB
DOWNLOAD Cakewalk by BandLab ver. 2019 Build 188.8.131.52 (64-bit)