mp3DirectCut is a fast and extensive audio editor and recorder for compressed mp3. You can directly cut, copy, paste or change the volume without re-encoding anything of the file. This prevents the loss of audio quality. The app is very fast and gives you extensive control over your MP3s.
The program enables the easiest navigation even on large files and gives you a visualization of the MP3 audio data. It can handle Cue sheets allowing to split a file at cue positions. And you can also directly record and encode an MP3 from your audio input device. The built-in recorder creates mp3 on the fly from your audio input.
Also, you can remove parts, change the volume, split files or copy regions to several new files. All without the need to decompress your MP3 into a PCM format. This saves work, encoding time and disk space. And there is no quality loss through any re-compressions!
mp3DirectCut is a frame-based editor for MPEG audio (Layers 2 and 3). Trim your CD grabbings or directly to MP3 recorded vinyl or tapes. Cut favorite songs from long MP3 radio or live recordings. Make multiple cuts and fades.
- Non-destructive cut, copy, paste
- Volume change, fade, normalize
- MP3 recording with ACM or Lame encoder
- Fast MPEG visualization and easy navigation
- Layer 2 support (DVD/DVB audio)
- AAC support
- Batch processing
- Cue Sheet support
- Pause detection
- Autocue (track dividing by time values)
- Track splitting with the filename and tag creation
- Trim Crop Fast play · Loop play
- ID3v1.1 tag editor < ID3v2 tag keeping
- VU meter · bitrate visualization
- High-speed recorder · Command line usage
- Unicode support
Changes in mp3DirectCut 2.29:
- Level activated recording feature
- Graph level range increased
- Some more improvements
- Windows or Linux with Wine
- For MP3 play/cut: MP3 ACM codec (present in Windows) or mpglib.dll
- For AAC play/cut: libfaad2.dll (32 bit)
- For MP3 recording: encoding ACM or Lame encoder DLL (32 bit)
- For MP4 demuxing: ffmpeg.exe
Size: 297 KB