Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library. Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Mp3tag Main features:
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in Mp3tag 2.86 :
- NEW: added option to cleanup the database from orphaned files.
- NEW: added preferences page to enable the Library and to configure included directories.
- FIX: action “Format value” for _FILENAME caused new file directory to be set also in cases where file cannot be renamed.
- FIX: vendor string was not written when updating Vorbis Comments in Opus files.
- FIX: runtime error when parsing broken UFID ID3v2 frames.
- FIX: runtime error when performing library cleanup directly after enabling library option (since 2.85i).
- FIX: runtime error when performing save via keyboard shortcut while in-place editing in the file list.
- FIX: importing tags via Discogs tag source set YEAR field to 0 for releases without year.
- FIX: file list selection mark was wrong in some cases after deleting, removing or moving files.
- FIX: deleting non-standard files from file view did not update file list (since 2.85b).
- FIX: sync issue between actual file information fields (i.e., size, modification timestamps,…) and internal representation (since 2.85b).
- FIX: runtime error when adding files to an already running instance via the Windows Explorer context-menu extension (since 2.85b).
- FIX: file renaming collision when target file was already in database but removed externally (since 2.85b).
- FIX: info fields were not updated in database when tags were written or removed (since 2.85b).
- FIX: actions that caused a directory to be renamed did not update the database entries (since 2.85b).
- FIX: runtime error when adding cover art to Ogg Vorbis or Opus files (since 2.85a).
- CHG: default tag panel field names are now auto-translated on language change.
- CHG: default file view column names are now auto-translated on language change.
- CHG: attempting a more graceful shutdown on out-of-memory conditions.
- CHG: improved library reading performance on subsequent reads by using an internal database.
- CHG: MP4 tag fields are not truncated to 255 characters anymore.
- CHG: improved memory consumption especially for large music libraries.
- CHG: changes regarding cover art are now also part of undo information.FIX: tag sources framework function ‘json_foreach’ now also works with arrays asunnamed JSON root element.
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Czech, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese-Brazil and Slovenian language files.
Size: 3.41 MB
Download Mp3tag 9.0 Build 556 Pro