Mp3tag Editor is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows editing metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag Editor supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, Discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library. Besides these features, Mp3tag Editor offers a variety of other functions and features ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag Editor supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (Ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (WMA)
- WavPack (WV)
Mp3tag Editor Main features:
- Batch-Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even shinier.
- Import from Amazon, Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generates nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in Mp3tag Editor 2.91:
- NEW: CDG files are now renamed with corresponding WMA files.
- NEW: added default value configuration for Tag Panel fields that is used when multiple files are selected.
- NEW: added copy, cut and paste for individual fields to extended tag dialog.
- CHG: MP4 desc atom is now mapped to DESCRIPTION instead of SUBTITLE to improve compatibility with other software.
- CHG: modified default file-view columns to display multiple values via $meta_sep(field,\\) on new installs.
- CHG: scripting language combined two consecutive dollar signs to one.
- CHG: improved display of window caption for Tag Sources search-by dialog.
- CHG: extended number of actions possibly displayed in actions pop-up menu.
- CHG: improved handling of FLAC files with multiple METADATA_BLOCK_VORBIS_COMMENT blocks.
- CHG: improved writing performance for Opus files.
- CHG: renamed tag-panel field sizes too large, medium, and small.
- CHG: non-audio files are now ignored from tag writing processes.
- CHG: various UI color changes for improved usability under Windows high-contrast mode and dark themes.
- CHG: improved command line parser so that multiple file paths and folder paths are now supported.
- CHG: improved sorting behavior at the list of user-defined tools.
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Czech, and Turkish language files.
- FIX: Discogs artist and album artist were wrong for releases where album artist consists of multiple artists.
- FIX: reverted fix for multiple occurrences of a mapped field with identical values was displayed as one.
- FIX: improved Tag-Panel scrolling behavior when docked horizontally.
- FIX: CDG files were not renamed with corresponding MP3 files anymore (since v2.90e).
- FIX: tag source commands else and elseif were treated case-sensitive
- FIX: multiple occurrences of a mapped field with identical values were displayed as one.
- FIX: action replace with regular expressions combined two consecutive dollar signs to one.
- FIX: converter ‘Filename – Filename’ used new directory of the previous file in sequence, even if no new directory was computed for the current file.
- FIX: data in ID3v2 UFID frames was interpreted as UTF-8 in some cases.
- FIX: auto-complete for Tag-Panel fields failed in some special cases.
- FIX: files and directories passed via command line to an existing instance were always added.
- FIX: files without extension were added to file list if loaded via drag’n’drop or command line.
- FIX: icons for non-audio files used the audio-file icon in the file list.
- FIX: an auto-numbering wizard did not use given total count of tracks to determine the number of leading zeros.
- FIX: configuration file was not written in some cases if the session was ended through Windows.
- FIX: field MOVEMENTTOTAL was written at subtract level and is now written at the parent track level for Matroska.
- FIX: tag sources framework function ‘json_select_array’ did not convert UTF-8 encoded data correctly.
- FIX: MusicBrainz tag source omitted join phrases for featuring artists.
- FIX: status bar and tag panelists showed data from previous selection in some cases.
Size: 3.46 MB