Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library. Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Mp3tag Main features:
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in Mp3tag 2.87 :
- NEW: added MusicBrainz tag source for search via album name based on MusicBrainz.org XML Web Service v2.
- NEW: added MusicBrainz cover-only tag source for search via album name based on MusicBrainz.org XML Web Service v2.
- NEW: added option to enable/disable auto-applying filter to filter helper menu.
- NEW: placeholder %_tool% for MP3 now contains used LAME encoder version (if present).
- CHG: reimplemented MP3 audio info parsing.
- CHG: improved mapping of Matroska tag fields.
- CHG: reverted change from v2.86f where language identifier and description were not displayed for UNSYNCEDLYRICS if both are default (‘eng’ and empty).
- CHG: updated internally used libraries.
- CHG: files that were moved are now kept in file list independent of the target location.
- CHG: don’t display language identifier and description for UNSYNCEDLYRICS if both are default (‘eng’ and empty).
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese-Brazil and Spanish language files.
- FIX: MusicBrainz multi-disc releases were not parsed correctly.
- FIX: failed to write tags to Matroska files where SeekHead could not be directly expanded.
- FIX: navigating with tab key on tag panel did not scroll in case input field was outside the visible region.
- FIX: check for updates did not work on some systems (since v2.86f).
- FIX: tooltips for Tag Panel input fields did not display ampersand characters.
- FIX: uncommitted changes to the filter text in manual filtering mode gave unexpected filter result when re-enabling the filter.
- FIX: saving UNSYNCEDLYRICS for ID3v2 omitted text if pipe symbol occurred in lyrics text.
- FIX: keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+N and Ctrl+Shift+N did not commit change while in file-list editing mode.
- FIX: keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S for saving tag-panel contents was active in file-list editing mode and discarded input.
- FIX: another runtime error when performing drag’n’drop from external applications.
- FIX: WAV files > 2GB could not be tagged.
- FIX: some links in about dialog were broken.
- FIX: installation mode could not be changed via keyboard.
- FIX: runtime error when editing in file list in some cases (since 2.86c).
- FIX: UI became unresponsive in case many operations were executed via tag write or actions.
- FIX: runtime error when performing sequential drag’n’drop from multiple applications.
- FIX: runtime error when adding cover via extended tag dialog when underlying files have been replaced.
- FIX: auto-save did not remove varied cover art when removed via tag panel.
- FIX: runtime error when changing library settings while performing other file operations.
- FIX: scripting function $strstr did return nothing instead of 0 if the search string wasn’t found.
- FIX: runtime error when performing undo via keyboard shortcut while in-place editing in the file list.
- FIX: fields absent from a subset of files were erroneously shown as present and identical at extended tag dialog in some cases.
- FIX: anything else than lower-case %_filename% did not allow column-editing when used in column configuration.
- FIX: cover mimetypes were not parsed for APEv2 tags in some cases (since 2.86).
- FIX: runtime error when reading malformed APEv2 cover that has no cover-data.
Size: 3.49 MB