ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 (beforehand Win7codecs) is an audio and video codec bundle. The installer will robotically take away the most completely different model codec releases from your laptop sooner than placing it on this concise however full bundle.
You won’t need to make any adjustments or tweaks to enjoy your media content immediately. Windows Media Player and Media Center will instantly recognize all your files as playable.
4K UHD/ HDR H265/ HEVC and MVC using H264 codecs are activated by default. It does not contain a media player and it does not associate filetypes.
With this package installed, you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players’ capabilities, to play all movies and video clips.
Streaming video is supported in several formats in all popular web browsers.
Users of ADVANCED Codecs can choose what is installed and where to install it using the public redistributable. After installation, you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. You can also re-add the removed items at any time.
ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 pack do:
- Full-color thumbnails along with FLVs and 10-bit MKV. (moreover permits clients to select at what degree by proportion to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled file types akin to MKV and FLV.
- Displays explorer properties for non-native filetypes akin to MKV and FLV
- Updated normally – and has changed notification builtin
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and the Xbox One.
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32-bit LiveTV in the Media Center.
- Support the use of the LAV filters with the Play To function for MKV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow clients to Enable/Disable codecs put in on their system
- Functionality is akin to Win7DSFilterTweaker built-in.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using right-clicking on all files akin to MKV.
- H264 / AVC, and hi10p / HEVC codecs are activated by default for use by all players.
Current releases support 4K, HDR<>SDR, and 3D decoding.
UPGRADE installations are fully functional! (but not recommended)
If you are upgrading to solve an issue, you should UNINSTALL the old version
Changes in ADVANCED Codecs 17.2.5 for Windows 10, and 11:
- Update LAV filters 0.77.2.2
- Media Player Classic – Black Edition (MPC-BE) filters 18.104.22.168
- Update Icaros 3.3.1 Beta 1
- Update VSFilter (DirectVobSub) 22.214.171.124
- Update XySubFilter (ASS support) 126.96.36.1993
- Update MediaInfo DLL v23.3
- Improve 4K HDR video playback when using [x]WMP suggested settings.
- Here is a VERY useful tool: Download the Windows HDR Calibration app which fixes washed-out colors.
- The above requires a Windows display setting set to use HDR and a monitor already in HDR display mode.
- Fully functional Save / Restore settings
- Remember monitor and screen positioning
- Auto Update all files directly from within the GUI
This ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 package supports 20 localizations.
The default is English and the installer consists of assistance for the subsequent completely different languages. Arabic, Chinese Simplified/Traditional, Japanese, Czech, Danish, Dutch. Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, and Turkish.
Size: 24.4 MB
To UPGRADE, overwrite the files with newly obtained files,
Or just use the Auto-Update feature on the Help tab and everything gets updated automatically.
Using the Save | Restore settings feature on the Misc TAB,
you can save a current configuration and have it automatically restored, silently, if preferred.