ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit! ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats – including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG, and PDI.
It supports Unicode folder/file names, so you shouldn’t run into any problems if you’re using an international character set. It’s a very flexible application with several advanced features that are often lacking in other tools, especially when it comes to burning DVD Video discs.
It supports all the latest drives without the need for updates (including booktype / bitsetting / advanced settings on many of the major ones – i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, LG, NEC, Plextor, Samsung, Sony).
There is an image queue system for when you’re burning several images (which you can automatically share between multiple drives if you have more than one) and an easy-to-use layer break selection screen for double layer DVD Video jobs.
The Automatic Write Speed feature allows you to store your favorite burn speed settings on a per ‘Media ID’ basis, right down to a drive by drive level. Data captured during the burn (write speed, buffer levels etc) can be displayed/ analyzed using DVDInfoPro.
ImgBurn supports all the Microsoft Windows OS’s – Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (including all the 64-bit versions). If you use Wine, it should also run on Linux and other x86-based Unixes.
ImgBurn works in several Modes, each one for performing a different task:
- Read: Read a disc to an image file.
- Build: Create an image file from files on your computer or network – or you can write the files directly to a disc.
- Write: Write an image file to a disc.
- Verify: Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct.
- Discovery: Put your drive/media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing.
Size: 3.8 MB