foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full Unicode support, ReplayGain support, and native support for several popular audio formats.
foobar2000 isn’t just for early adopters or software jukebox fetishists. It doesn’t mess with fancy buttons or bright colors, instead preferring a utilitarian, straightforward user interface to let the music speak for itself. foobar2000 uses tabs and panels to help the user navigate its plain, but functional, user interface. You can customize the interface using several layout options. Menu options and recognizable command buttons reside at the top of the window.
Two panels, each with tabbed menus, reside on the left side of the window. From there, you can view the album list and the properties of a selected artist or song.
In foobar2000 you’ll also find tabs for viewing a spectrogram, a spectrum, and VU meter of music currently being played, display album art and synchronize with portable players including iPods.
foobar2000 Main features:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend the functionality of the player.
Changes in foobar2000 1.5.5:
- Component auto-update dialog visual fixes.
- Fixed an obscure bug in the FPL playlist loader.
- MP4 AAC/USAC compatibility fixes (additional component still required).
- Fixed incorrect behavior of the shared print() function on large hex values.
- Made creation time explicitly retained when a file needs to be rewritten during a tag update.
- Fixed lockup on dropped HTTPS internet radio connection.
- Equalizer settings are no longer forgotten after disabling equalizer via the checkbox.
- Fixed missing seek bar with remote MP3 files containing embedded cue sheets.
- Audio CD Ripper: removed outdated AccurateRip support based on outdated specifications.
- Proper AccurateRip support will be restored in a future update.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.24 MB