Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open-source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more.
It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet, including TV shows, PVR and Live TV.
This media center has customizable design and clean playback options. It also features Add-ons, Skins, UPnP compatibility, Web Interfaces, Remote Controls support and a lot more…
The Kodi project is managed by the non-profit XBMC Foundation and developed by volunteers located around the world.
Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
Play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV, and WMA formats. It has a cue sheet, tagging support, MusicBrainz integration, and smart playlists for ultimate control of your music collection.
Supporting all the main video formats and sources, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM. Kodi can import these movies with full posters, fanart, disc-art, actor information, trailers, video extras, and more.
The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors. Video nodes/tags and smart playlists can further organize your library for special interests, making specific screens for sci-fi, anime, etc.
Import pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
PVR and Live TV
Watch and record live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
There are add-ons for videos, music, changing Kodi’s behavior, popular web services, adding more artwork, controlling your lights, and much much more.
Allows you to completely change the whole GUI. Thanks to the highly customizable skinning engine you are able to change every aspect of the media center. Choose from dozens of community created skins, each with their own set of options, or create your own dream UI.
With UPnP compatibility, you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease. Have one UPnP master device and use other Kodi instances as clients which automatic keeps you watched status and library up-to-date. You can also now import from UPnP sources to synchronize your data inside instances of Kodi.
Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface. This brings loads of possibilities for remote controls, web browsers and 3rd party tools to take Kodi to the next level.
Control your media your way with support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps.
- Fix Missing text when sorting from the inside addon
- Clear/save focus-history when leaving a window with focus on a parent folder item
- Picture slideshow fixes (Estuary)
- Subscribe to controller install events (games)
- Fix radio button text length (Estuary)
- Fix season/episode formatting for video addons (video)
- Don’t consider display mode ids constant (Android)
- Fix PlayMedia builtin for playlists (.strm) and “artists” smart playlists (music)
- Fix PlayMedia builtin for smart playlists and playlists (music)
- FFmpeg: Bump to 4.0.4-Leia-18.4
- Load program from stream property without using stream info (video)
- Fix initialization of AVD3D11VAContext structure (video, Windows)
- Fix TS resume point, related to PR16314 (video)
- Fixed memory leak, fixed segfault (video, Linux)
- Fix PAPlayer to handle passthrough for TrueHD (audio)
- Fix component dependencies
- PVRRecordings: Prevent concurrent calls to the video database
- Use first protocol from add-on in add network dialog
- Use exact matching for a protocol in file+dir factories
- Use of absolute paths in combination with hosts in URLs
- Fix file times for vfs addons
- Fix + sign HTTP folder
- Corrections to filesystem CircularCache initialization and termination
- Controller fixes
- Delete stream details when video info is refreshed
- Do not attempt to further resolve plugin paths for failing entries
- Revert “fixed: We should always update stream details from player…”
Kodi runs on Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
Size: 58 MB