MediaPortal transforms your PC into a complete media solution. It runs on basic hardware, connects directly to your TV and displays your TV Series, Movies, Photos and Music in a much more dynamic way. All in the comfort of your living room, on your big screen LCD or Plasma TV or projector!
The hundreds of plugins and skins, allow you do almost anything. Monitor your HTPC. View sports scores or local movie show times.
Stream or download web TV, Apple Trailers, Youtube videos or internet radio. Even start up MediaPortal playing music from a predefined playlist.
MediaPortal is quite simply a revolution in media control, it allows you to watch, listen, read and play your media as you want to, without getting in the way, or having to learn difficult navigations systems.
MediaPortal works on many different configurations. You don’t need a fancy, expensive system. You can just connect your TV and sound system to your existing PC and be up and running in no time. Simply configure MediaPortal to display on your TV screen.
MediaPortal is a very advanced Multi-Media Center / HTPC:
- Watch, schedule and record live TV – like a TiVo, but better.
- Play videos, movies, DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
- Listen to music and radio.
- Enjoy pictures, home videos or create a slideshow.
- Stream media, radio and TV to any HTPC / PC connected to your network.
- Use a remote to control your HTPC from your couch.
- Access MediaPortal from the web or mobile device.
- Check the weather, news, RSS feeds, and more…
If you prefer, you can set up a separate Home Theatre PC (HTPC) to run MediaPortal. And even connect it to your existing network. Or, you can configure an advanced network with MediaPortal on the server and as many ‘client’ PCs as you like. Network architecture is fully supported, so you can stream radio, music, video and live or recorded TV throughout your home.
Use your mouse, a touch screen, keyboard or remote. Display either fullscreen or in windowed mode. It’s your choice.
MediaPortal offers you the most powerful TV Engine and PVR (Personal Video Recorder) available today. You can do everything a TiVO can do, and more, but for free.
There is no limit to the number of TV Cards you can use. A vast array of TV Cards are supported, including analog cards. With a single DVB/ATSC card you can watch and record more than one channel. Cards supporting BDA driver architecture require no configuration.
MediaPortal was designed especially for Microsoft Windows. Thus, the performance and playback quality is unsurpassed. No additional hardware or commercial software is required.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 32- and 64-bit with at least service pack 1
- Windows 8 32- and 64-bit (as of v1.3.0)
- Windows 8.1 32- and 64-bit (as of v1.5.0)
- Windows 10 32- and 64-bit (as of v1.12.0)
Recommended Minimum Hardware:
- CPU: Intel P4 with 2.0 GHz / AMD XP-2000+ or above
- Memory: 1024 MB
- HDD: 600 MB for MediaPortal
- HDD: 50 GB for TV recordings and time shifting. Recordings can take up to 8GB per hour
- Video card: DirectX 9 compatible video card with at least 128 MB of video memory
- TV card: MediaPortal TV-Server supports all analog TV cards with hardware MPEG-2 encoder and all digital TV cards which use BDA-drivers.
Size: 140 MB