MediaPortal transforms your PC into a complete media solution. It runs on basic hardware, connects directly to your TV, and displays your TV Series, Movies, Photos, and Music in a much more dynamic way. All in the comfort of your living room, on your big screen LCD or Plasma TV or projector!
The hundreds of plugins and skins, allow you to do almost anything. Monitor your HTPC. View sports scores or local movie showtimes.
Stream or download web TV, Apple Trailers, Youtube videos, or internet radio. Even start-up MediaPortal playing music from a predefined playlist.
MediaPortal is quite simply a revolution in media control, it allows you to watch, listen, read and play your media as you want to, without getting in the way, or having to learn difficult navigations systems.
MediaPortal works on many different configurations. You don’t need a fancy, expensive system. You can just connect your TV and sound system to your existing PC and be up and running in no time. Simply configure MediaPortal to display on your TV screen.
MediaPortal is a very advanced Multi-Media Center / HTPC:
- Watch, schedule, and record live TV – like a TiVo, but better.
- Play videos, movies, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Listen to music and radio.
- Enjoy pictures, home videos, or create a slideshow.
- Stream media, radio, and TV to any HTPC / PC connected to your network.
- Use a remote to control your HTPC from your couch.
- Access MediaPortal from the web or mobile device.
- Check the weather, news, RSS feeds, and more…
If you prefer, you can set up a separate Home Theatre PC (HTPC) to run MediaPortal. And even connect it to your existing network. Or, you can configure an advanced network with MediaPortal on the server and as many ‘client’ PCs as you like. Network architecture is fully supported, so you can stream radio, music, video, and live or recorded TV throughout your home.
Use your mouse, a touch screen, keyboard, or remote. Display either fullscreen or in windowed mode. It’s your choice.
MediaPortal offers you the most powerful TV Engine and PVR (Personal Video Recorder) available today. You can do everything a TiVO can do, and more, but for free.
There is no limit to the number of TV Cards you can use. A vast array of TV Cards are supported, including analog cards. With a single DVB/ATSC card you can watch and record more than one channel. Cards supporting BDA driver architecture require no configuration.
MediaPortal was designed especially for Microsoft Windows. Thus, the performance and playback quality is unsurpassed. No additional hardware or commercial software is required.
- [MP1-4966] – Update Bass Nuget to 2.4.15
- [MP1-4995] – Recorded-TV sort-by-duration does not support sorting in the reverse direction
- [MP1-5001] – YesNoDialog ignores the default control settings from the skin when the default button is not forced to Yes
- [MP1-5005] – IRTrans – fix detection server status
- [MP1-4781] – Adding madVR support – Bugfixes
- [MP1-4841] – Duplicate filenames with different letter casing
- [MP1-5003] – Building TVPlugins – Improvement
- [MP1-5008] – The problem with scrolling text in the “list control” in 4K
- [MP1-5010] – Add registry check for VS2008 Redistr installed or not in DeployTool
- [MP1-5011] – No version string on FullScreen splash window (DefaultWide HD skin)
- [MP1-4990] – Improve horizontal scrolling in the EPG
- [MP1-4991] – XmlTV plugin : Rename XML file from zip file to match to tvguide.xml
Improvement / Rework:
- [MP1-4986] – MyPictures Database rework with extended EXIF info
- [MP1-4988] – Add Control.IsVisible to skin function
- [MP1-4992] – Allow other plugins reading the next PS wakeup time
- [MP1-4994] – Automatically Change Channel on Program Reminder
- [MP1-4996] – Recorded-radio sorting should be changed to be the same as recorded-TV sorting
- [MP1-4998] – Update MediaInfo Wrapper
- [MP1-4987] – Fix exceptions
- [MP1-5002] – Code cleanup
- [MP1-5004] – EPG Genre Map – SubSection moved as the main Section
- [MP1-5009] – Built-in skin variable not initialized
- Language : English / Deutsch / French
- Add some Tuning Parameters
- [MP1-4987] – Fix exceptions
- [MP1-5011] – Add position, size, align, color (from the skin) to Version, CVS labels, and fix displaying version label in 4K.
- [MP1-5013] – VSYASM 1.2.0 provided as NuGet package
- [MP1-5014] – Log refresh rate at Mediaportal start
- [MP1-5015] – Improving the MP1 installer (DeployTools), providing nicer GUI 🙂
- [MP1-5017] – Grabber searches for covers in the language of the system, then in English
- [MP1-5018] – Fix configuration design.
- [MP1-5020] – DirectX 9 SDK (June 2010) provided as NuGet package
- [MP1-5021] – Libbluray (Jar ( bdj) and binary) provided as Nuget Package
- [MP1-5022] – Improving the MPE Installer, providing nicer GUI 🙂
- [MP1-5028] – Add Exif properties to Slide window
- [MP1-5029] – Add the ability to choose the type of pause for designers in the slideshow
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 32- and 64-bit with at least service pack 1
- Windows 8 32- and 64-bit (as of v1.3.0)
- Windows 8.1 32- and 64-bit (as of v1.5.0)
- Windows 10 32- and 64-bit (as of v1.12.0)
Recommended Minimum Hardware:
- CPU: Intel P4 with 2.0 GHz / AMD XP-2000+ or above
- Memory: 1024 MB
- HDD: 600 MB for MediaPortal
- HDD: 50 GB for TV recordings and time-shifting. Recordings can take up to 8GB per hour
- Video card: DirectX 9 compatible video card with at least 128 MB of video memory
- TV card: MediaPortal TV-Server supports all analog TV cards with hardware MPEG-2 encoder and all digital TV cards which use BDA-drivers.
Size: 225 MB