Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for home cinema usage and looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many additional extra features.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema allows you to enhance, decode, and accelerate a broad span of movie formats like x.264 with GPU assisted acceleration and image quality enhancing. The MPC Home Cinema player does not require many system resources than the rest of the video media players to run smoothly. This is a low PC resource windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC, and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD, and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3, and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats are available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 10, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Added support for shaders, rotation, and statistics overlay for MPC Video Renderer
- Round down displayed time instead of rounding to the nearest second
- Some changes to the player menu so that certain items are only enabled when relevant
- Enabled use of DrDump crash reporter
- Fixed regression in the previous version that could break jump to next/previous file
- Fixed handling of 8-bit PCM in the internal audio renderer
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 15 MB