Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a particularly lightweight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for home cinema utilization and appears similar to Windows Media Player 6.4, it has many extra features.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema allows you to boost, decode, and speed up a broad span of film formats like x.264 with GPU-assisted acceleration and image high-quality enhancement. The MPC Home Cinema player doesn’t require more system resources than the remainder of the video media players to run easily. This is a low PC resource windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics cards offer the possibility to decode partially or utterly a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), to reduce CPU utilization dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that makes use of this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic can VCD, SVCD, and DVD playback without installing any further program or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3, and DTS audio, and likewise contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema additionally has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats are available in MPC HC. MPC may use the QuickTime and the ActualPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to take away Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 10, together with a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.75.1
- Some optimizations in the filter graph builder. Should give a small reduction in file loading time in some situations.
- Added a small safe zone above and below the seek bar where (accidental) mouse clicks/drags are ignored.
- Improved backward frame step for DVDs. It now seeks back ~500ms to ensure it shows a different frame. The DVD Navigator unfortunately does not offer better accuracy.
- Improved region code handling for DVDs
- Added support for loading external fonts for SSA/ASS subtitles. The player checks for the “fonts” subfolder in the location of the video file.
- Fixed regression that broke loading of audio dub through command line parameter
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 15.6 MB