PotPlayer is a comprehensive freeware video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles, and skins. Done by the same Korean author as The KMPlayer.
It works w/ madVR/HR/EVR and Reclock, of course, …it’s a much improved/faster version of KMPlayer, including ffdshow and some other stuff to connect to a Korean-only video/chat network.
Plenty of features and rich customization. It gives its users great control over its functions, allowing modification of the video speed, adjusting the audio volume, decrease or increase contrast, and brightness.
Also, several skins are available so that users can match the appearance of their video player to the theme of their OS. The player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.
PotPlayer supports seamless playback (up to 1000 -one thousand – AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MPG files at once, mixed containers are allowed), auto-resume on the last 200 opened files, has fully configurable XML skin files, and also a D3D exclusive mode. Other key features include WebCam/ Analog/ Digital TV devices support, gapless video Playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
PotPlayer supports almost every available video format out there (such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, M2V, MTS, DPG, WebM, AMV, or DivX) formats. Also supports a wide range of audio formats (including, but not limited to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A, AAC, RA, FLAC, and MOD), and recognizes several playlist formats (like M3U, ASX, PLS, WVX, or CUE).
Supports Various Subtitle Formats: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), DVD (Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
More Advanced Features in Daum PotPlayer:
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards.
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices such as DVD, TV, HDTV.
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 210209 (1.7.21419):
- Removed playback support of Shockwave Flash (SWF) files
- Removed broadcast start notification function of a favorite channel
- Added Dutch translation
- Added the ability to use sound spectrum defined in the skin as a WMP visualization
- Added AV1 codec support into DXVA mode
- Fixed an issue where playback of certain MKV files was not smooth
- Fixed a problem that caused the timeshift function to work abnormally
- Fixed a problem that no sound when the system audio sampling rate setting was greater than 192kHz
- Fixed an issue that video quality could not be changed when watching a password protected broadcast
- Fixed an error problem when editing a bookmark in certain situations
- Fixed a problem where integrated SMI subtitles could not be selected
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 29.2 MB