SMPlayer is a free media player with built-in codecs that may play all video and audio formats. It comes with several skins and icon themes, so you may simply change the look of the player.
SMPlayer doesn’t want any external codecs. Just install this player and also you’ll be capable of play all formats without the effort to find and install codec packs.
This common player is a graphical user interface (GUI) for the award-winning MPlayer, which is able to enjoy nearly all identified video and audio formats. It can play mpv, avi, mp4, mkv, mpeg, mov, divx, h.264, ogm, mpeg, vob, 3gp, asf, wmv, mp3, ogg…
One of probably the most attention-grabbing features – it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to observe a movie however it’s important to go away… don’t worry, once you open that movie once more it will likely be resumed on the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume…
But other than offering access to the most typical and helpful options of MPlayer, SMPlayer provides different attention-grabbing features like the likelihood to play and search Youtube videos or download subtitles.
SMPlayer includes many advanced features like video and audio filters, change of the playback speed, adjustment of audio and subtitles delay, video equalizer… and lots more.
- Configurable subtitles. You can select the font and size, and even colors for the subtitles.
- Audio track switching. You can select the audio track you need to listen to. Works with avi and mkv. And after all with DVDs.
- Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go ahead or backward within the video.
- Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and gamma of the video image.
- Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X… and even in sluggish movement.
- Filters. Several filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise… and even a karaoke filter (voice removing).
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. It allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
- Advanced options, equivalent to choosing a demuxer or video and audio codecs.
- Playlist. It allows you to enqueue several files to be played one after the opposite. Autorepeat and shuffle supported too.
- Preferences dialog. You can simply configure each option of SMPlayer by using a pleasant preferences dialog.
- Possibility to search automatically for subtitles in opensubtitles.org.
- Translations: more than 20 languages, together with Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese….
- It’s multiplatform. Binaries are available for Windows and Linux.
- The player is under the GPL license.
Changes in SMPlayer 21.8.0:
- A version for Mac OS is now available.
- Better automatic resizing of the main window, making an attempt to stop black borders.
- Fix loading YouTube playlists.
- Add an option to rotate the video by 180 degrees.
- Playlist: attempt to stop a one-second delay when using play prev/next.
- Add some predefined speeds (0.25x, 0.5x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x).
- Fix audio CD playback with MPV.
- Fix audio channels.
- The installation of YouTube support is now optional.
- Using Qt 5.15.2.
- Disable energy saving on Wayland throughout playback.
- Remove KDE from the categories within the *.desktop files.
- SMPlayer is now additionally available as appimage, flatpak, and snap.
- SMPlayer is available for Windows and Linux.
- SMPlayer is suitable with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
- 2 in 1 device with touch screens are additionally supported.
Size: 45 MB