Avidemux is a freeware, open-source video editor designed for multi-purpose video enhancing, changing, easy chopping, resizing, filtering, and encoding duties.
It helps many file varieties, together with AVI, MP4, Matroska, MPEG-2, H.264, and H.265. It doesn’t but, or solely partially helps trendy open codecs, like Opus, WebM, VP8, VP9, and AV1. Tasks will be automated utilizing initiatives, job queues, and highly effective scripting capabilities.
Avidemux lets you edit most video files by your necessities to make them play on any chosen machine. Multi-threading is supported! The graphical person interface of Avidemux seems to be fairly much like VirtualDub. Most options recognized from VirtualDub can be found too and natively helps nice file varieties, akin to AVI, MKV, MPEG, VOB, MP4, TS, ASF, OGM, and FLV.
Avidemux can not open uncooked MPEG streams. Instead, it may possibly open listed MPEG streams. The index is a textual content file containing navigation info. It is required to permit body accuracy.
As for MPEG streams, a NuppelVideo file has no inner index. Avidemux will rebuild it routinely upon loading (that might take some minutes).
Avidemux also can open a stream of uncompressed BMP files (RGB) or a set of JPEG files or a set of PNG files. The newest version of Avidemux can often decode the WMV/ASF containers, there are often some files that also have issues with opening or taking part in. If you will have that drawback, then you’ll be able to attempt to place the WMV contents into an AVI container.
Multithreading has been applied within the following areas of Avidemux (some partially by libavcodec):
- Earlier versions of Xvid are usually not appropriate with this feature.
- H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10 AVC (utilizing x264)
- H.265/HEVC (utilizing x265)
- MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 (utilizing libavcodec)
- MPEG-4 Part 2 SP/ASP (utilizing libavcodec)
Changes in Avidemux 2.7.8:
- Many new video filters were added by courtesy of szlldm
- A devoted MOV muxer is now out there, changing silent fallback to MOV muxing mode throughout the MP4 muxer.
- A subset of shade data related to HDR assist is retained in copy mode when each enters and output video is saved in Matroska / WebM containers. Settings so as to add or override shade data have been added to MKV and WebM muxers.
- The indexer within the MPEG-TS demuxer now detects decision modifications in MPEG-2 and H.264 streams that are totally unsupported and suggests aborting indexing. If the person chooses to proceed, it information file offsets all decision modifications to the log. This permits superior customers to separate the file at these offsets utilizing different tools like head and tail into chunks which will be processed with Avidemux.
- YUV forms of the lossless Ut Video codec are supported now for decoding and encoding through bundled FFmpeg libraries.
- Uncompressed 24-bit audio is now supported for a subset of file codecs.
- Limited assist for 7.1 channel structure.
- Decode and stream copy assist for XLL substream in DTS audio tracks.
- Audio properties at the moment are up to date on resuming playback. This permits beginning saving after an audio format change. When the audio format modifications throughout playback, the FFmpeg-based audio decoder will output silence and preserve format relatively than producing rubbish.
- A choice to preserve the id of markers A and B as a substitute for swapping them routinely has been added to Preferences.
- The keyboard shortcut for the “Delete” motion has been made customizable with different keyboard shortcuts enabled.
- Multi-threaded video decoding is now out there for the bundled FFmpeg.
- On highly effective multi-core CPUs, this could drastically enhance decoding efficiency. Most of the 8 threads will be created, however, a conservative customized higher restrict of 4 is really useful. Values above 8 trigger decoding failures. Multi-threaded decoding and HW accelerated decoding are mutually unique, modifications require a utility restart to have an impact.
- The most supported decision has been elevated to 8192×8192
- The bundled FFmpeg has been up to date to the 4.2.4 launch.
- Non-standard show side ratios will be configured in MP4 muxer by specifying show width.
- MP4 muxer accepts now MPEG-1 and MPEG-2.
- The configuration dialog of the x265 video encoder plugin loved large cleanup and refactoring by Trent Piepho, extra Adaptive Quantization Variance strategies have been added.
- Python interface has been considerably prolonged, contains now strategies to question phase properties, the quantity, and filenames of loaded movies, PTS of keyframes, strategies to hunt to time with preview up to date, to open file dialogs filtered by extension, and a built-in methodology to separate filename extension from a given path.
- Scripting shell now helps Unicode characters.
- On macOS, files will be loaded through the Finder context menu or by dropping them onto the Avidemux icon within the dock.
- On Linux, Jobs GUI and the CLI executable will be launched from AppImage by making a symlink with _jobs or _cli in filename respectively and operating the AppImage through this symlink.
- Rate management was damaged in some video encoders, particularly in VP9 and in NVENC-based encoders, fastened now.
- Multiple points in cut-point checks for H.264 and HEVC streams in copy mode, resulting in incorrect examine outcomes, had been recognized and resolved.
- The first two frames of exterior AC3 or EAC3 audio tracks are usually not dropped anymore. This regression from enhanced safety in opposition to false positives added 3 years in the past, has been lastly recognized and glued.
- Indexing of MPEG-TS files with HEVC video was damaged when the video stream lacked entry unit delimiters. The subject was recognized and glued properly after 2.7.7 had been tagged as launched which explains why version 2.7.7 was outmoded by 2.7.8.
- VU meter was grossly forward of audio output on Windows, now it’s only a tiny little bit forward.
- Numerous different fixes and general polish.
Avidemux can be utilized on nearly all recognized working programs and laptop platforms. It is offered for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
Size: 39.1 MB