Hybrid 2018 is a multi platform (Linux/ Mac OS X/ Windows) Qt based frontend for a bunch of other tools which can convert nearly every input to x264 /x265/ Xvid/ VP9/ … + ac3/ ogg/ mp3 /aac/ flac inside an mp4/ m2ts/ mkv/ webm/ mov/ avi container, a Blu-ray or an AVCHD structure.
Hybrid bundles multiple video processing utilities into a single package, enabling you to convert multiple file types into various multimedia formats, perform tagging and mixing operations and automate common tasks.
One of the main advantages of Hybrid is related to the range of supported formats. It can handle VC-1 and AVC raw input (along with all the other file types that mplayer and FFmpeg can decode), supporting x264, Xvid, VP8, x265 and ProRes as output.
The integrated video encoder can handle multiple encoding modes, each with specific parameters (bitrate, constant rate factors and so on), providing compatibility with various containers, including Blu-ray discs or an AVCHD. The audio extraction function can be used for generating MP3, OGG, AAC, FLAC, AC3, DTS, and other similar formats.
Hybrid 2018 comes with lots of configuration options meant to meet the needs of more advanced users. You can modify the encoding mode, adjust the bitrate, set the tune and the entropy coding mode, resize loaded images, change its aspect ratio, crop images manually or allow the application to perform this operation for you with the help of the ‘auto crop’ function.
In addition to this, it features filtering capabilities, helping you enhance the quality of your multimedia files prior to encoding. Among the available options you can find deinterlacing, telecine, color adjusting, sharpening, denoising, horizontal and vertical deblocking, temporal noise reducing and many more.
The application can process subtitles and perform tagging operations for video, audio and subtitle streams, while the integrated chapter editor can be of assistance in adjusting the chapter names and edit the video structure. For your convenience, Hybrid includes a job scheduling section that helps you automate various tasks.
Hybrid 2018 general feature list:
- Extensive ability to configure x264s setting (with dependency checks)
- Ability to configure the x265s setting
- Tagging support for mkv/mp4/mov
- Chapter support for mkv/mp4/Blu-ray
- Subtitle support for mkv/mp4/Blu-ray
- Separated audio-, video-, filter profiles, audio, and video combi profiles
- Integrated bitrate calculator
- Accepts VC-1 and avc raw input
- Manual and automatic creation and pass-through of chapters
- Ability to encode single title/chapters
- aac/mp3/ac3/ogg/FLAC/DTS/PCM audio encoding with dcaenc/mencoder/FFmpeg/often and different aac encoders
- Supported AAC encoders: qaac, fdk, faac, fhg, neroaacenc, vo-aacenc
- Filtering through mencoder (+ some resize automation) or AviSynth if the ‘avisynth extension’ is used
- Acceptable Input: Avs and everything that mplayer/FFmpeg can decode
- Supported video output formats: MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264, qsvencc), VP8/VP9 (vpxenc), ProRes (FFmpeg), MPEG-4 HEVC (x265, kvazaar, DivX265), FFV1 (FFmpeg), UT video (FFmpeg), FFvHuff (FFmpeg)
- Supported audio output formats: DTS, ac3, Ogg Vorbis, mp3, aac, FLAC, pcm, opus, pass-through
- Supported containers: mov/mp4/mkv/m2ts/WebM/avi, Blu-ray or a AVCHD structure
- Audio/video pass-through -> can be used for muxing, tagging, chapter editing
- A lot of option to automate stuff
Size: 320 MB