ABBYY FineReader Professional 12 software accurately converts paper and image documents into editable formats including Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF and e-books. Recognizing 190 languages in any language combination, FineReader’s unmatched recognition and conversion technologies have been boosted to eliminate retyping or reformatting.
ABBYY FineReader 12 preserves all original formats, and recognizes tables and graphs with even higher accuracy. Background processing, quicker image loading and one-click automation get more done, far faster – while verification and editing tools streamline proofing and editing of OCR results.
Plus, image pre-processing optimizes digital image conversions and new Text Extraction pulls content sections for reuse elsewhere.
Use your digital camera or mobile phone as a portable “scanner” to capture text from hardcopy documents, books, newspapers, as well as from banners, posters and other media. Then, with ABBYY FineReader 12, convert your camera images into electronic text files for editing, archiving, creating new documents and other purposes.
- Edit a scanned document or an image PDF. Edit and create new documents based on paper or image-only originals. FineReader’s ability to turn documents, however complex their layouts, into editable files saves you significant time and effort.
- Search and archive documents. An essential tool for the paperless office, ABBYY FineReader 12 lets you transform the information trapped in paper or images into actionable, searchable, digital content.
- Extract information from paper originals. Quickly access content trapped in image-only PDFs and scans. Instantly copy and quote sections of content, including text, tables or images.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a technology that enables conversion of images, received from scanner or digital camera, and PDFs to editable and searchable text documents ready for editing, quoting, search, and archiving.
ABBYY FineReader 12 is a highly intelligent OCR software for creating editable and searchable electronic files from scanned paper documents, PDFs and digital photographs. The application reaches beyond typical OCR capabilities such as page by page recognition by processing complex, multipage documents including their original structure.
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
What’s New in ABBYY FineReader 12.0:
- Faster conversion and higher accuracy. Providing up to 99.8% recognition accuracy, ABBYY FineReader 12 delivers up to 15% faster document processing than before. ABBYY FineReader 12 also offers up to 30% better retention of charts and graphs, to simplify working with business documents. New and improved language capabilities help to raise accuracy even further.
- Enhanced recognition technology for Arabic and Asian languages. Along with significantly improved accuracy for Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, ABBYY FineReader 12 continues to lead the market with support for 190 languages – 48 of them featuring dictionary support.
- Instant document opening and background processing. ABBYY FineReader 12 allows immediate access to the documents you open, while the time consuming and resource intensive OCR process runs in the background. This means that while FineReader is working on recognition, you can view content, rearrange pages, edit recognized areas or even select snippets for immediate citation.
- Quick quotes extraction. Extracting sections of text or tables now takes mere seconds with FineReader. Just select an area you need to copy and right-click on it to pull the quote – no need to wait while the rest of the document’s pages are being processed. FineReader will convert the selected area immediately, allowing you to insert it into another document.
- Seamless conversion of tables and numerical data. New ABBYY FineReader 12 improves table conversion by up to 40% saving engineers, financial professionals and educators significant time and effort correcting results.
- Image Enhancement technology for better appearance of archived copies.
- Turn photographed documents into scan-quality images using the new automatic image pre-processing options, manually apply improvements such as auto-crop of multiple images or whiten background of old documents, which have turned yellow or grey with time.
- Enhance the reading and printing experience for searchable PDFs by using the new PreciseScan technology which smooths pixelated characters, improving the visual quality of your documents.
- Plus, the new tool for removing color stamps and pen marks assures better recognition quality and improves the appearance of basic business documents.
- Faster and easier results verification and correction. The enhanced Verification tool now allows you to apply both spelling and formatting corrections, with intuitive hot keys and tab controls that make it easy to navigate through the verification process.
- Send and retrieve files from the Cloud more easily. You can easily access popular cloud storage such as Google Drive, Dropbox, SkyDrive and more, opening or saving documents by using native Windows dialogs. In addition, ABBYY FineReader 12 enables seamless document sharing through direct integration with Microsoft SharePoint Online/ Office 365.
- Designed in a new Windows 8 look and feel. ABBYY FineReader 12 is Windows 8 certified and utilizes new options provided by the operating system to make your work easier. Now you have quick access to one-click conversion tasks right from the Windows 8 start screen and can use basic touch gestures to scroll and zoom on laptops with touch screens.
Size: 356.94 MB
Download ABBYY FineReader 18.104.22.1686 Professional Edition for Windows
Download ABBYY FineReader 22.214.171.1246 Professional Edition for Windows [Portable]
Download ABBYY FineReader 126.96.36.1996 Corporate Edition for Windows
Download ABBYY FineReader OCR 12.1.10 Professional Edition for macOS
Download ABBYY FineReader 8.5.676060 Express Edition for Mac