ABBYY FineReader 15 OCR software accurately converts paper and image documents into editable formats including Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF and e-books.
Recognizing 192 languages in any language combination, FineReader’s unmatched recognition and conversion technologies have been boosted to eliminate retyping or reformatting.
ABBYY FineReader 15 preserves all original formats and recognizes tables and graphs with even higher accuracy.
Background processing, quicker image loading, and one-click automation get more done, far faster, while verification and editing tools streamline proofing and editing of OCR results.
In addition, image pre-processing optimizes digital image conversions and new Text Extraction pulls content sections for reuse elsewhere.
Use your digital camera or mobile phone as a portable “scanner” to capture text from hardcopy documents, books, and newspapers. As well as from banners, posters and other media.
Then, with ABBYY FineReader 15, convert your camera images into electronic text files for editing, archiving, creating new documents and other purposes.
- Edit a scanned document or an image PDF. Edit and create new documents based on paper or image-only originals. FineReader’s ability to turn documents, however, complex their layouts, into editable files saves you significant time and effort.
- Search and archive documents. An essential tool for the paperless office, ABBYY FineReader 15 lets you transform the information trapped in paper or images into actionable, searchable, digital content.
- Extract information from paper originals. Quickly access content trapped in image-only PDFs and scans. Instantly copy and quote sections of content, including text, tables or images.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a technology that enables conversion of images, received from a scanner or digital camera, and PDFs to editable and searchable text documents ready for editing, quoting, search, and archiving.
ABBYY FineReader 15 is a highly intelligent OCR software for creating editable and searchable electronic files from scanned paper documents, PDFs and digital photographs. The application reaches beyond typical OCR capabilities such as page by page recognition by processing complex, multipage documents including their original structure.
Changes in ABBYY FineReader 126.96.36.1990 Update 4:
New features and improvements:
- Full document preview for PDFs in Windows Explorer and Microsoft Outlook: scroll through the pages before opening the document.
- Faster PDF opening
- Improved table and text extraction from PDFs: better usability, improved retention of text formatting.
- New, informative FineReader 15 update notifications in Windows 10: Click “Download” to run the update or “Learn More” to find out what’s new in it.
- New in-product update notification with the “Update Available” button.
List of the bugs fixed:
- Potential security vulnerability connected with user rights.
- The program could crash when merging PDF documents with bookmarks into one.
- In OCR Editor, the structure of a table wasn’t retained when copying it from the Text pane.
- Text doubling when saving to searchable PDFs “text under image” type and with MRC on.
- The program could crash when converting text files with some specific fonts to PDF.
- Korean characters entered in the Search field in PDF Editor could disappear.
- Errors when printing PDFs from FineReader could happen if Adobe Reader was also installed.
- Interactive PDF form fields were not displayed when using drawing tools.
- When adjusting the table grid before extracting the table from a PDF, the grid image wasn’t updated on the screen.
- Fields of an interactive PDF form could remain interactive when saving it to image-only PDF.
What’s New in ABBYY FineReader 15.0:
Edit all of the PDF
With FineReader 15, editing PDFs of any kind, including scanned documents, has become almost as easy as with a text editor. You can edit entire paragraphs, change the text formatting, edit table cells, and even rearrange the whole layout.
Export document comparisons
In addition to exporting the differences between two versions of a document as comments in a PDF, you can now also export the results as a Word document in track-changes mode. This allows you to easily accept or reject the edits and finalize the document (for FineReader 15 Corporate only).
Get more accurate document conversion
The latest improvements in ABBYY’s AI-based OCR technology provide higher accuracy for Japanese, Korean and Chinese characters and better automatic tagging for PDF and PDF/UA creation. The intelligent detection of text-layer quality for digitally-created PDFs allows for more accurate results when converting into editable formats.
Make an impact across the organization
New Remote User licenses allow organizations to use FineReader with desktop and application virtualization solutions. New options have been added to customize FineReader settings during deployment using Group Policy Objects.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 309.21 MB
Language: Multilingual + English, Russian.
DOWNLOAD ABBYY FineReader 188.8.131.52 Standard