PDF Annotator lets the user open any PDF file and add annotations, using the mouse or a Tablet PC pen, directly on the PDF file’s pages. The annotated documents can then be saved directly back to PDF format. In this way, anyone can read or print the annotated PDF documents.
Annotated documents can also be easily attached to emails. Previously, annotating, commenting or proofreading a document received for review in PDF file format was possible only by using multiple software products in a row – or only by printing the document and adding comments manually.
With PDF Annotator, annotations can also be added in a natural way – using a pen – but everything remains in digital format. PDF Annotator allows commenting on PDF files in a single step. The user no longer needs to print a PDF document to annotate it.
A PDF file received for review can be opened in PDF Annotator, commented on the PC with the mouse or on the Tablet PC using the pen, then saved back to PDF file in a single step. This saves both resources and time. With the Tablet PC, a PDF document is treated just like a normal printed document. The user just writes or draws his ideas and thoughts on the existing document.
PDF Annotator also lets you insert blank pages to gain more space for your comments. It can be used to fill in forms, and you can even use it for note-taking by creating new blank PDF documents.
- Add notes & annotations to any PDF document – comments, corrections, signatures, highlighting, even designs and drawings.
- Save annotations in the original file. Share them with coworkers, email them to partners or back to the authors – with no special software needed to view the marked-up document.
- Type comments on top of PDF content, paste in images, use a stylus or drawing tablet if you have them.
- Restore to the original document at any time. Remove or hide all markup with just one click.
- Insert blank pages for more space. Or put comments at any place on the pages.
Changes in PDF Annotator 188.8.131.525:
- Fixed: Recently, more email programs have been found to install incomplete configurations when registering as the default email client. In these cases, the “File, Send Email” feature did not work reliably. We now try to detect those situations, so that “File, Send Email” should work again.
- Fixed: The “Open File” dialog invoked by the “Combine Files” feature falsely identified some PDF documents as image files and denied the selection of those files.
- Fixed: When “Draw with a finger” is disabled, the scratch-out gesture should not be recognized.
- Fixed: Moving the mouse wheel while holding a mouse button down resulted in the Zoom feature to be invoked.
- Fixed: Rendering issues after right-clicking annotations.
- Fixed: Toolbar customization issues.
- Fixed: Internet addresses displayed incorrectly when clicking links in documents.
- Fixed: When creating new favorite tools based on the Ellipsis tool, the current properties were taken from the rectangle tool.
- Fixed: Specific error conditions could lead to no error message being displayed.
- Accelerated document rendering after specific changes in the document.
- Improved font embedding into PDF documents.
- Minor fixes and improvements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Size: 87.26 MB