Stardock Start10 is the first Windows 10 Start menu alternative. It brings a more familiar look and feels to the Windows 10 start menu.
The new start menu in Windows 10 has a very app-focused layout, and Start10 helps users with a familiar Windows 7 style layout, and also offers additional customization with just a few mouse clicks. The Windows 10 Start menu is designed to be useful on both desktops and tablets, combining a more traditional app list with big, easy-to-push application shortcut buttons. You can quickly access your most used items, search your PC more effectively and personalize the look and feel of your start menu.
Stardock Start10 eliminates Microsoft’s vaunted “Live Tiles,” where apps present you with information straight from the menu.
Stardock Start10 Key Features:
- Search menu is back in the Start menu
- Restores the quick links to core system functionality
- Maintains the “All Programs” folder metaphor
- Texture can be applied to Start10 background and taskbar
Changes in Stardock Start10 1.95:
- Addresses missing control panel search entries on Windows build 2004
- Some UI changes to account for Stardock Curtains
- Fix to avoid the crash issue with newer Curtains builds
- Tweaks how blur is handled on the menu in an effort to address a mixed dpi setup issue
- Tweak for the replace Start10 search with Cortana option to reduce the instances of lost/misordered first char in the search
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10.
Size: 36.07 MB