Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document at the same time and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 API and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.7:
- list itemContinue Microsoft binary code signing thanks to the offer from DigiCert (again).
- Upgrade Scintilla from v3.56 to v4.14.
- Fix a regression about memory issue while reloading a file.
- Fix cursor flickering problem after double clicking on URL.
- Make Python files default to using spaces instead of tabs.
- Add “Count in selection” option in Find dialog.
- Add Ctrl + R shortcut for “Reload from disk” command.
- Fix \ display problem in CSS while using themes (Remove Batang font for CSS tags).
- Fix crash while right-clicking on DocSwitcher’s column bar.
- Fix all plugins being removed problem while Plugin Admin removes an old plugin (of the old system).
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.5
Size: 3.51 MB