Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different documents at the same time and even to edit the same document synchronized in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 API and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.8.1:
- Fix popup dialog on startup regression regarding the notepad replacement issue.
- Make the monospaced font in Find dialog optional, disabled by default.
- Add download progress bar while downloading the plugin(s).
- Fix issue for Alt+Tab doesn’t show Notepad++ on Windows 7.
- NppExport v0.2.9 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.5
Size: 3.53 MB