Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different documents at the same time and even to edit the same document synchronized in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 API and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.8.7:
- Fix new style save dialog by selecting the right file filter and adding extension automatically.
- Add right-click context menu to bookmark margin.
- Add sub-menu bullets for cascaded Encoding and Language menus.
- Display file name as the root of the workspace instead of “Workspace”.
- Add file extension automatically for session files and workspace files while saving in new style dialog.
- Fix file reading failure (network problem) not detected issue.
- Improve Document Map precision.
- Fix clickable links break syntax highlighting issue.
- Fix current range detached from Document Map issue.
- Disallow backward regex searches due to sometimes surprising results (a non-UI option is available to enable it).
- Fix the wrong project panel at the start by opening a project via the command line.
- Allow users to skip *.* when adding only excluding Filters for Find/Replace In Files.
- Fix Doc switcher icon state update issue for cloned documents.
- Assign CTRL-M as default shortcut for invoking mark dialog.
- Fix also a folding visual glitch in Find result.
- Add count of files searched to ‘Find result’ output.
- Fix Find/Replace history lost issue.
- Fix bug of Mark clearing in selection mode.
- Fix auto-completion suggests the same word while the word being modified.
- NppExport v0.2.9 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.5
Size: 3.60 MB