Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.5.6 :
- Fix macro playing back crash issue on new added “find previous” and “find next” buttons.
- Function List enhancement: Highlight the current function based on cursor position.
- Fix crash on styler dialog of User Defined Language dialog.
- Fix file status detection issue under Windows XP.
- Ghost typing enhancement: Unicode, syntax highlighting and speed support. (check the url for the usage of ghost typing on command line.
- Add a message from outer space.
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.1
- DSpellCheck 1.3.5
Size: 4.10 MB
[expand title=”Click here to Download for Windows x86″ notitle=”true”]
[expand title=”Download for Windows x64″ notitle=”true”]