Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different documents at the same time and even to edit the same document synchronized in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 API and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.8.5:
- Fix “Monitoring” not detecting all file changes issue.
- Fix auto-updater disabling not working regression.
- Fix Notepad++ doesn’t exit correctly while Windows 10 update restart.
- Make Count command in Find dialog respect Backward-direction and Wrap-around options.
- Make Find dialog remember its position across runs.
- Add the document size column to the Windows Selection dialog.
- Make “View Current File in(browser)” commands macro recordable.
- Add external sound control capability for unsuccessful search (in Find dialog) bell.
- NppExport v0.2.9 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.5
Size: 3.58 MB