Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different documents at the same time and even to edit the same document synchronized in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 API and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.8.9:
- Fix Line operations (join lines, split lines, remove duplicate lines, and sort lines) doing one too many lines issue.
- Fix the regression of jump line failure via the command line (-n).
- Fix URL Hovered color disappears after modifying any Clickable Link Settings regression.
- Fix URL is not clickable in certain situations while wrapped is enabled.
- Fix “Save” not working in Windows dialog.
- Fix Flickering cursor after double-clicking a found line in find results.
- Fix Found line may not be centered by double-clicking in find results if word wrap is on.
- Fix the wrong horizontal scroll bar position after restoring Window position.
- Fix Find result window output TAB-width incoherent issue.
Size: 3.60 MB