Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different documents at the same time and even to edit the same document synchronized in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 API and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.9.0:
- Add the ability to open the target file of a Shortcut (*.lnk).
- Enhance side panels behavior: close a single panel instead of the entire stack.
- Fix Monitoring & document auto-update not scrolling to the end of the file with Word wrap enabled issue.
- Fix mouse cursor flicker while hovering URLs.
- Add back hovered blue underlined URLs.
- Enhance C++, Perl, Python parsers, and add VHDL in Function List.
- Improve some ambiguous commands naming in Shortcut Mapper.
- Add an option to prevent right-click from canceling selection.
- Add the ability to sort lines randomly.
- Fix “Close All BUT this” loses the current document data issue.
- Allow users to start making a stream selection and then change to column block (by pressing the ALT key).
- Add word wrap option to find results context menu.
- Add keyboard navigation ability to Column Editor.
- Add keyboard shortcut ability to Projects, Folder as Workspace, and Function List for switching among these panels.
- Enable project panels to toggle from the menu.
- Enhance Folder as Workspace to restore the latest selected item of the last session on Notepad++ startup.
- Fix inaccurate line margin update with word wrap enabled.
- Fix Find previous/next commands not scroll vertically to show match result issue (with word wrap disabled).
- Fix column key sort with col block starting in col1 bug.
- Add confirmation preference for Replace All in All Opened Documents operation.
- Add Escape keypress in the functionalist search box to clear its text.
- Add RTL capability to localized message boxes.
- Make (Find) dlgAlwaysVisible a true Preference setting.
- Fix sorting by column key using incorrect key values.
- Add search scope to Find window status bar output.
- Fix false hit result in Find in Finder.
- Prevent redundant line data copy in Finder.
Size: 3.62 MB