RJ TextEd is developed using Delphi from Embarcadero and is released as Freeware.
The program also supports Top style Lite CSS editor, has a dual-pane file commander, as well as an (S)FTP client to upload your files.
The editor uses language files to display menus and dialogs in different languages. RJ TextEd is also a simple web development tool. The editor can use auto-completion and hints to assist you in editing your source code.
You can preview HTML/ASP/PHP… code using one of the preview tabs or open a document in a browser. The editor does not only handle source code. RJ TextEd also handles true ASCII files, binary files, and of course plain text files.
RJ TextEd Features:
- Code folding.
- Column mode.
- Multi-edit and multi-select
- Advanced sorting.
- Handles both ASCII and binary files.
- CSS and HTML wizards.
- CSS and HTML preview using internal IE, Firefox 4, and Chrome browsers.
- FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
- File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager…
- Convert between code pages, Unicode formats, and text formats.
- Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
- Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
- Unicode file paths and file names.
- HTML validation, format, and repair.
- Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap …
There are many features not listed above. Including spell checking, e-mail support, advanced search with regular expressions. To learn more about the program you could check out the screenshots, or just try it out. The program is absolutely FREE.
The program has been tested in Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 (32 and 64 bit) and Linux (Wine). (32 and 64 bit).
Note The language and syntax files will be replaced when installing a new version. Place user language files and user syntax files in the “User-defined” folder.
Size: 76.4 MB
Note! The updates are available using the program update function or as a downloadable update.