UltraEdit is flexible and easy to customize, handles files in excess of 4GB, and the polished user interface provides easy access to the most important options. UltraEdit is used across a diverse range of industries, from professional writers, researchers, and journalists to advanced programmers, database managers, and web developers.
Scores of individuals use UltraEdit as a powerful replacement for windows notepad and even more use it as a text editor because of its ability to handle multiple documents at once, large file handling, powerful search/find/replace functionality, spell checking versatility and much more.
UltraEdit 26 Key Features
- Easily open and edit large files – 4 GB and beyond!
- Multi-caret editing and multi-select
- Column (block) mode editing
- Powerful search. Find and replace in files, regular expressions, inverse search, etc.
- File compare
- Code syntax highlighting for nearly any programming language
- Code folding and hierarchical function listing
- Beautify and reformat source code
- Powerful XML handling. XML tree view, reformatting, validation, etc.
- Auto-closing XML/HTML tags
- Smart templates – automatic intelligent code completion
- Editor themes – skin the entire app
- Powerful and configurable tools
- File and data sorting
- Integrated FTP client (supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS)
- Integrated SSH/telnet client
- Filtered spell checker
- Unicode/UTF-8 support
- Split/duplicate window editing
- Hex editing
- Macros and scripts for automated editing
- CSV data reformatting
- Log file polling
- File encryption and decryption
- Integrated Ctags (symbols listing)
- Base64 encode/decode
- Project support
- Robust bookmarking
Changes in UltraEdit 26.10:
- Greatly improved performance:
- Threaded Quick Find for greatly improved performance in large files
- Faster scrolling and editing, especially in files with hidden lines
- Better performance when word wrap is enabled
- Faster undo/redo
- Improved grouped undo
- Eliminated flickering while typing
- Faster scrolling with HTML / XML tag highlighting
- Smoother scrolling with large files
- Improvements for indent guidelines with large sections of code
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- macOS systems 10.9 (Mavericks) and later, with support for Intel-based processors only.
- Ubuntu 18.04 +, RedHat/CentOS, Fedora, SUSE
Size: 168.37 MB