Folder Guard is a powerful computer security program that you can use to control access to files, folders, and other Windows resources, such as Control Panel, Start Menu, and so on.
You can use Folder Guard to lock your personal files and folders with passwords, to stop other users from peeking into your records.
Also, you can even completely hide your private folders from virtually all applications, and such folders would remain invisible until you enter a valid password.
Protect sensitive system files from modification or destruction. Disable access to the removable drives. Restrict access to Control Panel and more.
Furthermore, you can protect with password virtually any folder or file. That allows only authorized users to open protected files or folders.
You can protect an unlimited number of files and folders, each with its own password. Or you can use the Master Password of Folder Guard to unprotect them all at once.
What you can do with Folder Guard:
- Hide folders from prying eyes
- Hide files without encrypting them
- Lock files and folders with passwords
- Use Quick Start Wizard of Folder Guard
- Restrict access to Control Panel and other resources
- Set up user-specific restrictions
- Prevent users from installing unauthorized programs
- Prevent users from running programs from the removable disks
- Restrict downloading programs from the Internet with Internet Explorer
- and more…
Changes in Folder Guard 20.1:
- The Catalan language has been added to the list of the available languages.
- The Trusted Programs list can now contain masks to specify classes of the paths that should be trusted.
- The Trusted Programs list can now contain UNC paths specifying programs located on other network computers.
- A problem has been corrected that prevented paths longer than 64 characters to be added to the Trusted Programs list.
- If Folder Guard is installed using an MSI package from the Administrator’s Kit, it is now prevented from being uninstalled by the end user via the Control Panel. (It can still be uninstalled via the Group Policy or by running the msiexec utility.)
- Several other minor improvements and corrections have been made.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP – Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 7.85 MB