Free firewall is a full-featured professional firewall that protects your privacy against the threats of the Internet. It lets you control every program on your computer by permit or deny access to the Internet.
Free Firewall will notify you if applications want to access the Internet in the background, without your knowledge.
Free firewall can prevent the attacker to get access to your computer by exploiting security vulnerabilities. Also it protects from a remote access and control of your system and access to your personal information.
Protect yourself, your privacy and your personal data, by preventing the intruded malware from access to the Internet. Prevent that viruses and worms spread on the network.
Furthermore, Free firewall provides additional features to protect your privacy against attackers. Prevent that tracking services on web sites analyze your surfing habits. The firewall prevents calls to statistics and analysis services on Internet pages, which log the user behavior in the background.
Free Firewall Functions
- Regulate internet traffic. Individually regulate the access to the network and Internet per application. Allow access to the Internet only those programs, you unconditionally trust.
- Access notification. If a non-regulated program wants to access the Internet, you will receive immediately a notification with which you can permit or block the Internet access.
- Paranoid mode. In Paranoid mode, no software can access on the Internet or network, without your prior consent. Only applications which you trust get Internet access.
- Credulous mode. In Credulous mode, all applications will have access to the Internet or network until you explicitly prohibit it.
The user interface is optimized for touch sensitive devices. Thus you can operate the software on your desktop PC and laptop with the mouse. As well as with the fingers on tablets and Ultrabooks.
Stop the download of telemetry data of the respective software manufacturer and and the Microsoft Server. The firewall blocks all background transmissions of telemetry data of the Windows operating system on the server in the Internet.
Anti-virus software only protects against known threats. New viruses are only taken after weeks into the anti-virus database. In the meantime, a virus can wreak havoc.
With Free Firewall you determine which program transfer data in the background and prevent them. So your personal information doesn’t fall into foreign hands.
Botnets consist of a lot of computers that are running a malware in the background and can be remotely exploited for attacks. Free firewall notifies you about data transfer in the background, which you can quickly block.
Unlike many other Firewalls, Free Firewall can be operated with any other firewall in parallel. Also with Windows Firewall. So enjoy a higher level of protection and combine different functions to their added value and without extra cost.
Supported OS: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) and Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2.
Changes in Free Firewall 220.127.116.1123
- Translation into Russian, Korean and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Translation: Italian, Japanese, French and Polish
Changes and fixes
- Small acceleration of displaying notifications.
- Error in starting the firewall on Windows 7 SP0.
- Translations were not displayed correctly.
- Bugfix of connection to the firewall failed error.
Size: 2.53 MB
Download Free Firewall for Windows (32-bit version)
Download Free Firewall for Windows (64-bit version)