TinyWall Firewall is a free application to harden and control the advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. Includes the features that set it other from each business and freeware firewalls.
TinyWall Firewall offers Windows Firewall a sane and safe configuration and presents you with an easy interface the place you possibly can simply outline what has network access and whatnot while stopping different programs from modifying or overwriting your firewall settings.
What this application does:
- It doesn’t annoy you with popups in any respect, but it’s nonetheless effortless to add exceptions to your firewall rules.
- It actively blocks a whole lot of trojans, viruses, and worms.
- It doesn’t require you to find out about ports, protocols, and application details.
- Prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of the Windows Firewall.
- It doesn’t install drivers or other kernel components, it’s free and lightweight.
TinyWall Firewall Features:
- Multiple and simple methods to whitelist programs
- Automatic learning mode
- Firewall tampering protection
- Password lockdown of settings
- Quick modes, like Normal protection, Allow outgoing, Block all, Allow all, and Learning mode
- Support for temporary/ timed firewall rules
- Port and domain blacklists
- Hosts file protection
- Option to all the time allow communication inside LAN
- Option to limit an application to the LAN
- Recognition of protected applications and impostors
- Full IPv6 support
- The list established and blocked connections
- View open ports in your machine
- 100% free and clear application. No charges, no advertisements, no paid upgrades.
The no-popup approach
Most firewalls are based mostly on the same interaction rules. Basically, at any time when an application is attempting to access the internet, displays a popup asking the user what to do. This shouldn’t be only annoying for the user but additionally lower than safe. On an average computer, numerous applications try to access the internet. Displaying a popup for every app makes it very possible that unneeded applications will acquire access to the network because it will increase the probability of the user granting pointless rights to many applications.
This phenomenon might be characterized as “security fatigue”, and at its excessive, the user doesn’t confirm anymore what he offers internet access, however simply blindly allows all programs that ask for it.
TinyWall Firewall takes a special method. It doesn’t display popups that “urge users to allow”. In truth, it is not going to notify you of any blocked action in any respect. Instead of displaying popups, TinyWall Firewall makes it simple to whitelist or unblock applications by totally different means. For example, you possibly can simply provoke whitelisting by a hotkey, then click on a window that you simply wish to allow. Or, you possibly can choose an application from the list of running processes. Of course, the normal method of choosing an executable additionally works.
This method avoids popups however nonetheless retains the firewall as very simple to use. Most importantly, with the no-popup method, the user will only discover that a program has been denied internet access when he can’t use it anymore. Consequently, users will only unblock applications that they want and none more, which is optimal from a security standpoint.
Changes in TinyWall Firewall 3.2.5:
- Correctly deal with the change of presence of trailing slashes in registry paths
- Backport many memory enhancements from WIP TinyWall 3.3+
- Fix grey icon because of lengthy startup time when applications comparable to Samsung Magician 7.0 are installed
- Fix merging of blocked UWP application entries in the Connections window
- Update Bulgarian localization
- Deprecation notes: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and specific older versions of Windows 10 will quickly not be supported in a future TinyWall release.
The download includes a native interface for 14 spoken languages.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 1.46 MB
DOWNLOAD TinyWall Firewall 3 FREE