Binisoft Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall. Also, it provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows the user to control the native firewall easily. Without having to waste time navigating to the specific part of the firewall.
It is free to use. Registered users will get the advantage of learning mode which provides notifications for outgoing blocked connections.
This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2012.
Windows Firewall Control doesn’t filter any packets and does not block or allow any connection. This is done by Windows Firewall itself based on the existing firewall rules.
Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes. You can switch them with just a mouse click:
Low Filtering – Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to initiate outgoing connections.
Medium Filtering – Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections.
High Filtering – All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
No Filtering – Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
Binisoft Windows Firewall Control Features:
- Notifications of outbound blocked connections.
- Learning mode that automatically allows digitally signed programs.
- The intuitive user interface is easily accessible through a system tray icon.
- Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges required only at installation.
- Disable the ability of other programs to tamper Windows Firewall rules and state.
- Integrated support of creating, modifying, and deleting Windows Firewall rules.
- Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in the Windows Firewall.
- Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
- Shell integration into the right-click context menu of the executable files.
- Automatically display invalid rules for programs that do not exist anymore.
- Possibility to find and display duplicate firewall rules.
- Merge multiple similar rules or duplicate existing ones.
- View recently allowed and blocked connections and create new rules from the Security log.
- Import and export of partial sets of rules.
- Protection of unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- Supports global hotkeys and various shortcut keys.
- And many, many more.
Changes in Windows Firewall Control 18.104.22.168:
- Improved: Remote addresses content is now expanding to fill the available space in Properties dialog so that more content can be displayed.
- Fixed: Properties dialog is not displayed anymore if two or more Windows services have the same Display Name.
- Fixed: The service name for svchost.exe notifications is detected only for the Windows services that are already running when the WFC service starts. If a Windows service is started after, the notification will not detect the Windows service that triggered the notification.
- Fixed: Unhandled exception is logged if certain files are missing from the installation folder.
- Fixed: When editing rule details in the Notification dialog, the rule name can be set as one or several empty spaces.
- Fixed: Properties dialog can’t apply changes to a rule if the path of the rule is not accessible or not found. This limitation was removed. Also, the tooltip was updated since a rule with red text does not always mean the file is not found, it can also mean the file is not accessible (file located in a folder of another user account, encrypted location, etc).
- Fixed: In Notification dialog, the text (Yes, No, Not valid) under Signed property is not localized.
- Removed: The x button from text boxes that are clearing their content.
System Requirements of Windows Firewall Control:
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5 or newer version
- Compatible with all x86 and x64 versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, 2012.
- Windows Firewall service is required to be enabled for Windows Firewall Control to run.
- DNS Client service is required to be enabled for the notifications to work properly.
Size: 2.69 MB