Acronis VSS Doctor is a free tool for diagnosing and repairing Volume Shadow Copy Service points.
Volume Shadow Copy Service (aka VSS, Shadow Copy, or Volume Snapshot Service) is a built-in Windows know-how that permits snapshots of PC files or volumes to be taken, even when they’re in use. Most backup software program packages depend on VSS to carry out backup and restoration operations.
There are many causes VSS may not work correctly, inflicting your backup software program to fail. But diagnosing the issue may be difficult given the variety of system elements concerned.
Benefits of Acronis VSS Doctor:
Running VMware vCloud? Stop dropping cash when information or crucial functions are unavailable. Ensure fast failover to the cloud, making your infrastructure resilient and cost-efficient.
- Diagnoses all VSS elements with one click on
- Generates a report with the outcomes of the assessments carried out
- Automatically collects information from scattered sources right into a single report
- Fixes points with one-click when a pre-defined answer is offered
- Easily spots the weak locations within the VSS infrastructure
Acronis VSS Doctor Features:
Diagnose and restore
- Configuration and standing of VSS-related companies: Volume Shadow Copy, Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider, COM+ Event System
- VSS COM-interface registration (not supported for Windows XP)
- Configuration of VSS suppliers
- Access rights for VSS (not supported for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003)
- Configuration of VSS shadow storages (not supported for Windows XP)
- Access rights for NTFS volumes
- Free house obtainable on disks. Provides drive letter task for “hidden” volumes
- Current I/O load of disks
- List of VSS-related errors/warnings from Windows Event Log
- List of faulted VSS writers
- Diagnostics outcomes may be saved as a plain-text report for sharing or future evaluation
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
Size: 7.28 MB