7-Zip 19 is an open-source file archiver with the high compression ratio predominantly for the Microsoft Windows operating system. It operates either as a command-line program or with a graphical user interface. It also features integration with the Windows shell environment.
7-Zip is free software, developed by Igor Pavlov and distributed under the GNU LGPL license. Compression ratio results are very dependent upon the data used for the tests. Usually, 7-Zip compresses to 7z format 30-70% better than to zip format. And it compresses to zip format 2-10% better than most of the other zip compatible programs. This file archiver works on all Windows operating systems, from Windows NT to Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
7-Zip main features:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression and LZMA2 compression
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, the provided compression ratio is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command-line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
- Supported formats:
- Packing/unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
Changes in 7-Zip 19.00:
- Encryption strength for 7z archives was increased: the size of the zzrandom initialization vector was increased from 64-bit to 128-bit, and the pseudo-random number generator was improved.
- Some bugs were fixed.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
Size: 1.13 MB