WinRAR 5 is a powerful archive manager is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
WinRAR can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from the Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression.
By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8% to 15% more than ZIP files can.
Features of WinRAR:
- It is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- It puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- Supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z, and 7-Zip).
- It is ideal for multimedia files. Automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- It allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- It allows you to create self-extracting and multivolume archives.
- Recovery record and recovery volumes allow reconstructing even physically damaged archives.
- It is also ideal if you are sending data through the web. Its 256-bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- It is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- It is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- Licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
Changes in WinRAR 5.90:
- RAR compression speed is improved for CPUs with 16 and more cores.
- The “Fastest” method (-m1 command-line equivalent) typically achieves a higher compression ratio for highly compressible data types when creating RAR5 archives.
- The maximum number of utilized threads is increased from 32 to 64. The command-line -mt switch accepts values from 1 to 64.
- The “Multithreading” parameter on the “General” page of WinRAR settings is replaced with the “Threads” input field, where you can specify the desired number of CPU threads. It can take values from 1 to a maximum number of available logical CPU units.
- WinRAR displays packed and unpacked folder sizes when browsing archive contents.
- “Total folders” field is added to the list of archive parameters displayed by the WinRAR “Info” command. The same field is added to the “Archive” page in archive properties in Windows Explorer.
- Window including a progress bar and “Cancel” button is displayed if reading archive contents takes noticeable time. It can be useful for archive formats with slower access to contents, such as large TAR based archives like .tar.gz and tar.bz2.
- Archiving and extraction progress windows, also as progress windows for some other commands, can be resized.
- “Repair” performance for RAR5 archives with recovery record and without data shifts is improved. It deteriorated in WinRAR 5.80 and is now restored to the original level.
- The password prompt is not issued when performing recovery record based repair for RAR5 archives with encrypted file names. This command can be performed without providing a password.
- If the folder for converted archives in the “Convert archives” command does not exist, WinRAR attempts to create it. Previous versions failed to create converted archives in the non-existent destination folder.
- Added extraction support for GZIP archives with optional header checksum field.
- Bugs fixed:
- a) “Repair” command could erroneously display “Recovery record is corrupt” message when processing an archive with a valid recovery record. This message did not prevent further repair operation;
- b) if a quick open information option was set to “Do not add” in default compression profile and this profile was loaded by some command or dialog, WinRAR ignored quick open information when browsing contents of RAR archives. For example, it happened after opening archiving or password dialogs;
- c) Ctrl+C “Copy” shortcut key did not work in the archive comment window;
- d) if “Put each file to separate archive” and “Archives in subfolders” options were set, WinRAR ignored the destination path specified in the archive name field.
WinRAR is Windows 10 (TM) compatible, available in over 50 languages in both 32bit and 64bit and several operating systems (OS) and the only compression software that is fully accepted in all countries using Unicode.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
Size: 6.16 MB