UltraDefrag is an open source disk defragmenter for Windows operating systems. It is very fast because the defragmenting is done by a kernel-mode driver.
UltraDefrag makes use of the same defragmenting API used by many other windows defrag utilities, both open and closed source. However, UltraDefrag has many features that make it unique. Firstly it has a kernel mode driver that does most of the work, secondly is the ability to run the application at boot up time in a manner similar to chkdsk. This allows for faster defragmentation time and the ability to defragment all files including system files. It can also defrag a single file or multiple directories and can generate a list of all fragmented files.
The program is available for both 32bit and 64bit version of Windows running on both AMD and Intel-based processor. There is three interface available: Graphical, Console, and Native.
The UltraDefrag Micro Edition is a special package for advanced users who prefer extreme stability and power.
This UltraDefrag edition is a little bit faster, much stable (its driver contains just most important parts). It has a console interface to speed up the defragmentation process. The boot-time feature is available too. The Micro Edition saves reports in plain text format.
- system files defragmentation (registry, pagefiles…)
- ultra fast NTFS analysis
- fast defragmentation algorithm
- the effective volume optimization algorithm
- safety, it can never damage processed files
- simplicity, it can be used without reading the documentation
- ability to defragment single file/directory from the context menu in Explorer
- ability to defragment additional streams attached to NTFS files
- ability to exclude any unimportant files based on flexible filters
- the ability to defragment files which have a number of fragments above a specified threshold
- ability to automatically break defragmentation when the specified time interval elapses
- well readable HTML reports
- the powerful command line interface
- ability to automatically hibernate/shutdown PC after a job
- small handy scheduler
- multilingual graphical interface
- portable version available which requires no installation
- native 64-bit support
- open source code licensed under GPL
- links to documentation pages were fixed
Size: 2.11 MB