UltraDefrag is an open-source disk defragmenter for Windows operating systems. It is very fast because the defragmenting is done by a kernel-mode driver.
UltraDefrag makes use of the same defragmenting API used by many other windows defrag utilities, both open and closed source. However, UltraDefrag has many features that make it unique. Firstly it has a kernel-mode driver that does most of the work, secondly, it is the ability to run the application at a boot-up time in a manner similar to chkdsk. This allows for faster defragmentation time and the ability to defragment all files including system files. It can also defrag a single file or multiple directories and can generate a list of all fragmented files.
The program is available for both 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows running on both AMD and Intel-based processors. There are three interfaces available: Graphical, Console, and Native.
The UltraDefrag Micro Edition is a special package for advanced users who prefer extreme stability and power.
This UltraDefrag edition is a little bit faster, much stable (its driver contains just the most important parts). It has a console interface to speed up the defragmentation process. The boot-time feature is available too. The Micro Edition saves reports in plain text format.
- automatic defragmentation
- fast and efficient defragmentation algorithms
- safe environment preventing files corruption
- detailed file fragmentation reports
- defragmentation of individual files/folders
- fully configurable disk optimization
- defragmentation of locked system files
- defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (including MFT) and streams
- exclusion of files by path, size, and number of fragments
- drive processing time limit
- defragmentation of disks having the specified fragmentation level
- automatic hibernation or shutdown after the job completion
- a multilingual graphical interface (over 60 languages available)
- one click defragmentation via Windows Explorer’s context menu
- powerful command-line interface
- easy to use portable edition
- full support of 64-bit editions of Windows
Changes in UltraDefrag 9.0.1:
- cluster map scaling was improved – now the map is always precise and it always uses most of the available space
- memory consumption was greatly reduced
- Albanian translation was updated
- a bug preventing correct addition of folders to filters was fixed
- a few minor bugs were fixed
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
UltraDefrag can defragment both FAT and NTFS disks with just a couple of restrictions:
- It cannot defragment FAT directories, because their first clusters are immovable.
- It cannot defragment master file tables (MFT), because their first 16 clusters are immovable.
Size: 14.45 MB