WinContig is an easy-to-use standalone executable defragmenter that doesn’t create any installation directories or Registry entries on your computer. Its purpose is to quick defrag files without the need to defrag the whole disk.
In addition, WinContig allows you to group files into profiles, and also it accepts a number of optional command-line switches that you can use to control how the program operates.
In order to start using it, just extract the contents of the ZIP archive to any folder you like, and run it. Its defragmentation and analysis engine is based on the standard Microsoft defragmentation API. The app supports two different defragmentation methods.
If you choose the Quick method, WinContig does look for the first amount of free space large enough to defragment a file into and uses it. Use this defragmentation method if you use tools like Windows Defrag to defragment your hard disk on a regular basis.
If you choose the Smart method, this software does look for the amount of free space that best fits a file into and uses it. Also, if there is no free space large enough to fully defragment a file into, WinContig does try to reduce the number of fragments of that file.
WinContig is released as freeware for personal and commercial use.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
What’s new in WinContig 184.108.40.206:
- Dropped support for Windows XP. Starting from this version, the minimum supported OS is Windows Vista.
- WinContig has a new Options dialog box.
- Added the ability to load a profile at startup.
- Added the ability to change the media type associated with a physical disk.
- Added the ability to prevent the defragmentation of the files when the computer runs on battery power.
- Added the ability to filter out the files by the number of their fragments.
- Added the ability to filter out the files by the size of their fragments.
- [User Requested Feature] Added the ability to close WinContig by pressing the ESC key.
- [User Requested Feature] Added the ability to highlight the row of the currently processed item.
- [User Requested Feature] Added the ability to show the profile name on the title bar.
- Some minor bugs fixed.
Size: 1.19 MB