FreeFileSync is an Open-Source folder comparison and synchronization tool. It is optimized for the highest performance and usability without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces.
FreeFileSync enables you to synchronize files between two folders or drives. You can either mirror two folders to create an exact copy of the source folder. Or perform a two-way synchronization that will copy new or updated files in both directions.
FreeFileSync has Unicode support and Network support. Synchronization database for the propagation of deleted files and conflict detection. It also supports the multiple folder pairs with distinct configurations.
Full support for Windows Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points also is available. Furthermore, the program supports an Update mode which will only copy files that are new or have been changed.
FreeFileSync Key Features:
- Detection of moved and renamed files
- Copy locked files using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service. (Windows only)
- Support for multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration
- Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
- Create Batch Jobs for automated synchronization with or without GUI.
- Optimized performance, coded in C++ completely.
- Native 32 and 64 bit builds
- Transactional file copy
- Synchronization database for the propagation of deleted files and conflict detection
- Full support for Windows/Linux Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points.
- Full Unicode support.
- Full network support.
- Built-in support for very long filenames (more than MAX_PATH = 260 characters).
- Copy NTFS alternate data streams, compressed and encrypted file attributes
- Lean & easily accessible UI: only useful functionality, no feature bloat.
- Support for filesizes larger than 4 GB.
- Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
- Ignore directories “RECYCLER” and “System Volume Information” with the default filter. (Windows only)
- Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages for large sync-jobs.
- Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization.
- Automatically handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32 volumes.
- Portable version available (selectable via the installer).
- Opt-in for automatic online updates.
- Localized versions are available for many languages.
- Create recurring backups with macros %time%, %date% within directory names
- Copy file creates/modification times when synchronizing.
- Advanced locking strategy to allow multiple synchronization processes (e.g. multiple writers, same network share).
- Case-sensitive synchronization of file, directory, and symlink names
Changes in FreeFileSync 11.5:
- New configuration context menu option to delete from disk
- Start auto-retry delay at the time of error instead of reporting
- Added error details to a status message before retry
- Improved color scheme to better integrate with system colors
- Keep partial SFTP results after a network failure
- Fixed incorrect panel font (macOS Big Sur)
- Fixed SFTP retry not working after a network drop
- Fixed crash on exit with floating panels (macOS Big Sur)
- Fixed auto-close option not being remembered
- Fixed installer high-DPI scaling issues
- Fixed mouse hover issues with grid column header
- Fixed menu bar icons not showing (Linux)
- Removed redundant GUI layout recalculations
- Keep correct panel sizes after log panel maximize
- Support modern folder picker in the installer
- Don’t raise progress dialog after sync when resuming from systray
Size: 17.7 MB