Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager. It is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. Multi Commander makes use of a really popular and environment-friendly dual-panel layout.
Multi Commander has all the things you want in your every day works with files to make your work quick and environment friendly. It has all of the standard features like a file manager has like copy, transfer, rename, view.
But Multi Commander’s huge power is the particular feature that allows you to do advanced tasks with ease. Tasks reminiscent of Auto-unpacking, Auto-sorting, Browsing inside archives. Also, it may edit the Windows Registry and access FTP. Furthermore, it may search for and view files and photos.
There can be highly effective, built-in Scripting support that allows you to automate many tasks and develop their performance. And it allows you to do all the things from the keyboard using shortcuts to work rapidly and effectively.
Fast and Efficient File Management
- Dual-pane tabbed interface. Work with multiple folders open.
- Caching allows quick file browsing. Easily deal with folders with many hundreds of files.
- Browse with ease. Show files in Detailed, List, or Thumbnail modes. Use highly effective filters to restrict what you wish to view.
- Background work for all tasks that take time to complete, allowing you to proceed to work without interruption.
- Fast Operation. Use the mouse and drag & drop or use fast keyboard commands for all tasks.
- Remember all of your alternatives while you return from browsing one other location within the filesystem.
- Browse archives (Zip, 7-Zip, Rar, Tar, gz, bz2 )
- Powerful and versatile file search.
- View and alter file permissions. Take ownership of files.
- File Operation plug-ins can automatically sort or unpack files when they’re moved or copied.
- MultiRename tool for the quick and protected renaming of multiple Files and Folders. Rule-based and supports Undo.
- File viewer that allows you to view files of any size with minimal memory usage. View as ASCII/ Unicode/ UTF8/ Binary and Hex.
Customizable and Extensible
- Customize layout and colors to fit your styling wants.
- Powerful script engine allowing you to create scripts to automate tasks.
- Extensions and plug-ins that develop the performance of the Multi Commander.
- Open API for developers (SDK) to create extensions and plug-ins.
- Picture tools to convert/rotate images, view/take away EXIF tags, adjust EXIF Date.
- Internal image viewer for Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp, Tiff, and lots of RAW formats.
- Show Movie information from IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as further columns in your movie files.
- Audio tools to view audio file properties, view, and/or edit MP3 Tags.
- FTP is considered a virtual filesystem (with SSL/TLS support).
- Browse network servers and shares.
Changes in Multi Commander 11.6.0 Build 2844:
- 12+ stability issues fixed
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Supported Languages: English, German, French, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Czech, and Japanese are supported.
Size: 7.86 MB