Multi Commander 7 is a multi-tabbed file manager. It is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. Multi Commander uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout.
Multi Commander has a everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient. It has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view. But Multi Commanders big strength is the special features that allow you to do advanced task with ease. Tasks such as Auto-unpacking, Auto-sorting, Browsing inside archives. Moreover, it can edit the Windows Registry and access FTP. Furthermore it can search for and view files and pictures.
There is also powerful, built-in Scripting support that allows you automate many tasks and expand its functionality.
And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcuts so that you can work quickly and efficiently.
Fast and Efficient File Management
- Dual pane tabbed interface. Work with multiple folders open.
- Caching that enable fast file browsing. Easily handle folders with many thousands of files.
- Browse with ease. Show files in Detailed, List, or Thumbnail modes. Use powerful filters to limit what you want to view.
- Background work for all tasks that take time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruption.
- Fast Operation. Use the mouse and drag & drop or use quick keyboard commands for all tasks.
- Remember all your selections when you return from browsing another location in the filesystem.
- Browse archives (Zip, 7-Zip, Rar, Tar, gz, bz2 )
- Powerful and flexible file search.
- View and change file permissions. Take ownership of files.
- File Operation plug-ins can automatically sort or unpack files when they are moved or copied.
- MultiRename tool for the fast and safe renaming of multiple Files and Folders. Rule-based and supports Undo.
- File viewer that lets you view files of any size with minimal memory usage. View as ASCII/ Unicode/ UTF8/ Binary and Hex.
Customizable and Extensible
- Customize layout and colors to suit your styling needs.
- Powerful script engine allowing you to create scripts to automate tasks.
- Extensions and plug-ins that expand the functionality of Multi Commander.
- Open API for developers (SDK) to create extensions and plug-ins.
- Picture tools to convert/rotate images, view/remove EXIF tags, adjust EXIF Date.
- Internal picture viewer for Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp, Tiff and many RAW formats.
- Show movie information from IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as extra columns on your movie files.
- Audio tools to view audio file properties, view and/or edit MP3 Tags.
- FTP viewed as a virtual filesystem (with SSL/TLS support).
- Browse network servers and shares.
Supported Languages: English, German, French, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Czech and Japanese is supported.
Changes in Multi Commander 7.5.0 Build 2381:
- ADDED – Language Aware sorting (Slower, but some language will get a more correct sorting)
- ADDED – Checksum tool now support SHA256/512
- ADDED – Settings for Device Dropdown if it should remember last used path or not
- ADDED – FolderTree will now show folder with the same colors rules as the normal list view. (Can be turned off)
- ADDED – Holding CTRL while confirming an option in the custom create folder popup (Ctrl+Shift+F7), It will now enter that folder after creating it
- ADDED – MultiDataViewer will now toggle WordWrap with Ctrl+W
- ADDED – CommandLine parameter /Instance=NAME , Will load/save config/userdata/log under its own instance name so you can run Multiple instances with separate config
- ADDED – ToClipboard > FileContentAsText menu option is now enabled and works
- ADDED – Fixed issue with MultiScript function “SetClipboardText” Can now set clipboard data that are larger
- ADDED – Wheelzoom to change Thumbnail size now support larger sizes
- ADDED – When folder sizing is completed a resort is done if sort column is size
- FIXED – Issue with corrupted columnsets
- FIXED – Tweaked column autosizing when new tab is show the first time.
- FIXED – MultiDataViewer will now format hyper links with https: as clickable links
- FIXED – FSFTP caused a crash if the server return incorrect information from a PASV/PORT call
- FIXED – Settings might be saved if external program closes MultiCommander while being minimized to tray
- FIXED – Fixed rare crash issue with MultiRename
- FIXED – Sometimes when clicking on a item in Multi Commander window when focus was another app and filesystem slow, the wrong item was set as focus
- FIXED – Some OneDrive sync ondemand issues. (Only on Windows Insider edition) (Some still left)
- FIXED – Fixed issues when Windows returned an invalid icon overlay ( Insider Preview Windows 10 (Fall Creator Update) )
- FIXED – Overwrite all issue when unpacking 7zip archives
- CHANGE- Major internal change to avoid conflict with new FileSystem changes in Insider Preview Windows 10 (Fall Creator Update)
- FIXED – 4 stability issue reported by crash report system
Size: 6.66 MB
Download Multi Commander (32 Bit)
Download Multi Commander (64 Bit)
Download Multi Commander Portable (32 Bit)
Download Multi Commander Portable (64 Bit)