Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager. It is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. Multi Commander uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout.
Multi Commander has everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient. It has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view. But Multi Commander’s big strength is the special features that allow you to do advanced tasks with ease. Tasks such as Auto-unpacking, Auto-sorting, Browsing inside archives. Moreover, it can edit the Windows Registry and access FTP. Furthermore, it can search for and view files and pictures.
There is also powerful, built-in Scripting support that allows you to automate many tasks and expand its functionality.
And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcuts so that you can work quickly and efficiently.
Fast and Efficient File Management
- Dual-pane tabbed interface. Work with multiple folders open.
- Caching enables fast file browsing. Easily handle folders with many thousands of files.
- Browse with ease. Show files in Detailed, List, or Thumbnail modes. Use powerful filters to limit what you want to view.
- Background work for all tasks that take time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruption.
- Fast Operation. Use the mouse and drag & drop or use quick keyboard commands for all tasks.
- Remember all your selections when you return from browsing another location in the filesystem.
- Browse archives (Zip, 7-Zip, Rar, Tar, gz, bz2 )
- Powerful and flexible file search.
- View and change file permissions. Take ownership of files.
- File Operation plug-ins can automatically sort or unpack files when they are moved or copied.
- MultiRename tool for the fast and safe renaming of multiple Files and Folders. Rule-based and supports Undo.
- File viewer that lets you view files of any size with minimal memory usage. View as ASCII/ Unicode/ UTF8/ Binary and Hex.
Customizable and Extensible
- Customize layout and colors to suit your styling needs.
- Powerful script engine allowing you to create scripts to automate tasks.
- Extensions and plug-ins that expand the functionality of the Multi Commander.
- Open API for developers (SDK) to create extensions and plug-ins.
- Picture tools to convert/rotate images, view/remove EXIF tags, adjust EXIF Date.
- Internal picture viewer for Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp, Tiff, and many RAW formats.
- Show Movie information from IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as extra columns on your movie files.
- Audio tools to view audio file properties, view, and/or edit MP3 Tags.
- FTP viewed as a virtual filesystem (with SSL/TLS support).
- Browse network servers and shares.
Changes in Multi Commander 10.0.0 Build 2740:
- Dark mode/Dark Theme support on Windows 10 in most places (Require dark mode is activated in Windows 10)
- Various high DPI issues fixes
- Freespace field is auto-scaled according to DPI scale settings. You might need to change this fontsize if you customized it before
- CopyTo/MoveTo Dialog how allows to fast set target path of another tab or favorite location
- FindFiles will no longer by default search binary files when doing content search, Check checkbox in FindFiles if you want to do it
- Fixes issue with dragging from RESx: virtual device
- Fixed tab focus issue when opening new tab from locked tab
- Lots more fixed over 100+ Changes
- 6 Stability Issues fixed
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Supported Languages: English, German, French, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Czech, and Japanese are supported.
Size: 7.62 MB