Q-Dir (the Quad Explorer) makes your files and folder easy to manage, as an installed or portable Windows program. Fast and easy access to your hard disks, network folders, USB-Sticks, floppy disks, and other storage devices.
Q-Dir is a good file manager with an amazing Quadro-View technique. You don’t have to renounce the usual, Drag and Drop, all Views, and other functions of your system.
Q-Dir is one of those alternatives, as this application has been specifically developed to serve as a replacement for the default Windows file management utility. This tool allows users to browse up to four locations at the same time.
Q-Dir also supports tabbed browsing, which means one of the panels can open multiple folders at the same time and organize them in tabs, in the same way, Internet browsers do with web pages.
Plus, Q-Dir has several extras, thus allowing you to customize the application a little bit, especially when it comes to layout and the way it looks.
Q-Dir does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from the desktop, and can be carried on a small USB-stick or other memory devices.
- Favorites: Quick access to most often used folders.
- Drag&Drop: Move files by dragging in Q-views, and other programs such as MS Explorer.
- Clipboard: Copy/ Paste between the Q Dir directory views, and other programs such as MS Explorer.
- Folder-Type: ZIP-, FTP-,cabinet-,network-, system – folders, shortcuts …
- Views: Large icons, tiles, list, detail, thumbnail (Vista: extra large symbols).
- Export: to XLS, CSV, TXT, HTML.
- Popup Menus: Desktop, My Computer.
- Screen magnifier: anything on the screen can be enlarged.
- Color Filter: Different colors for different item types (e.g. *.log;*.txt).
- Highlight-Filter: Effective way for fast items highlighting.
- File-Filter: Allows for quick and easy filtering of the items.
- Columns: All columns support, and save function.
- Quick-Link’s: For fast folder access.
- Folder-Select: Fast & flexible folder selection address-bar/ desktop menu/ my-computer menu/…
- Multi-INI: Several INI files for Q Dir.
- Tree-View: Simple and quadruple.
- Preview: Allows a quick preview
Changes in version 8.69:
- General fine-tuning and general optimization.
- Important update of the language files
- Small corrections in the list view of the individual Explorer
Suitable for Microsoft: Windows XP to Windows 10 (x64/x86) and Server 2000-2016
Size: 685 KB