SpeedCommander PRO 18 is a comfortable file manager. It builds on the proven two window technology and offers a multitude of exclusive features. Sort, copy, move, or delete your files either using the keyboard or the mouse.
SpeedCommander Pro 18 displays files and folders in the proven two window technology. The source and target of operations are therefore always visible. This ensures a higher productivity compared to Windows Explorer and extremely fast navigation through files, folders, and FTP sites.
SpeedCommander Pro 18 offers you many options for copying and moving files.
Besides the usual deletion, it has a secure deletion compliant to governmental standards. With the integrated Quick View, you can see the content of many file formats. Pictures, videos, or music files – SpeedCommander gives you a fast overview of every kind of file. FileSync synchronizes folders, FileSearch finds files and folders on all data mediums.
SpeedCommander Pro 18 makes handling compressed files easy because they are treated like ordinary folders. Experience direct support for many archive formats as well as compressing and decompressing them without the need for further software. Compression profiles can sum up settings and self-extracting archives make additional software superfluous. Recovery data offers protection against damaged archives.
SpeedCommander Pro 18 has a modern Add-In interface so that additional plugins can be used, enhancing the original functionality. The program communicates with the Add-In via the component object model (COM). An Add-In can add functionality in the menu or the toolbars. The Add-Ins also have full access to SpeedCommander’s object model. They can open and alter folder windows, as well as access their content.
Add further file systems via the interface for file system Add-Ins into SpeedCommander. Use the WinCeFS Add-In to access PDA devices with ActiveSync. The WfxWrapper Add-In integrates the many file system plugins from Total Commander (wfx).
Simple tasks can be automated with macros. Macros can use the different objects of SpeedCommander too, also all script capable components (e.g. several shell objects) can be included. Edit macros easily with the integrated macro editor and check them for possible errors with a script debugger (like Visual Studio).
SpeedCommander Pro 18 supports various FTP types like FTP via SSH (SFTP) and SSL encrypted FTP. The user just needs to choose a protocol, everything else is done in a transparent way. The support for proxies was expanded noticeably. The program supports Socks 4/4a/5 and HTTP connections. The user can choose to compress directory listing and file transfers with MODE Z. Bandwidth limiting keeps your line responsive if required.
SpeedCommander Pro 18 Features:
- Two folder windows which can be arranged horizontally or vertically
- Multiple folder views in one folder panel
- File Container with multiple independent containers
- Quick access to Network Neighborhood, Internet, and FTP
- Direct support for the many archive formats (including 7Z, RAR, SQX, ZIP)
- Integrated Quick View for many file formats
- Multi-rename tool
- Fast and comfortable Search Program (FileSearch)
- Synchronize files and folders (FileSync)
- Flexible editor for text files (SpeedEdit)
What’s New in SpeedCommander Pro 18 18.00:
- Pro-Version: Keine Fehlermeldung, wenn beim Erstellen eines Datenträgerabbilds der freie Speicherplatz im Zielverzeichnis nicht ausreicht
- Listenansicht: Nach dem Wechsel zu SpeedCommander verschwand der Auswahlbalken unter bestimmten Umständen
- Listenansicht: Beim Doppelklick auf eine Ordnerverknüpfung (.lnk) im Desktop-Verzeichnis wurde das verknüpfte Verzeichnis nicht in SpeedCommander angezeigt
- Schnellansicht: Darstellungsfehler bei der gleichzeitigen Anzeige von mehreren Seiten einer PDF-Datei
Changes in SpeedCommander 18.40 Build 9600:
- Updating CRT / Compiler to Visual Studio 2019 (16.3)
- Updated the UCRT to version 10.0.18362 (1903)
New and Improved:
- Improved accessibility for the button elements in some dialogs to the right of combo or input fields
- Improved accessibility for dialog boxes containing a list view with additional buttons (for example, configure filters)
- Improved accessibility for the quick search and the quick filter
- New command line parameter/theme to select a design at a startup
- List view: Better differentiation of the left and right list view for users with screen readers
- FileSync: Additional descriptions in the main window for better accessibility
- SpeedEdit: Outline view icons can be colorized
- SCBackupRestore: Improving accessibility when a high contrast design is selected
- Fixed bugs:?
- When installing SpeedCommander, the progress bar was not displayed correctly
- Pro version: Error message when uploading files larger than 1 MiB on OneDrive after API change
- AddIn: When deleting directories on an AddIn, the overall progress was -1%
- FileSync: Missing vertical scroll bar in the filter selection list made it difficult to select a filter on more than 30 filters
- FileSync: File compare failed when “Round up to even seconds” and / or “Ignore time difference from 1h” was checked
- FileSearch: Text search via the IFilter interface for PDF files did not work in part
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 52.38 MB