Hard Disk Sentinel Pro 5.61 (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS HDD/SSD monitoring and analysis application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations, and failures.
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro gives a complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid-state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure the maximum safety of your valuable data.
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro Features:
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks and SSD today) values for each disk.
Also Hard Disk Sentinel Pro measures the disk transfer speed in real-time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can’t be missed.
The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
HDD Sentinel runs in the background and verifies SSD / HDD health status by inspecting the SMART status of the disk(s). If an error is found or unexpected behavior is detected, it warns the user about the current situation and also can perform appropriate actions (for example, start an automatic backup).
Usually, hard disk health status may slowly decline, from day to day. The SMART monitoring technology can predict HDD failure by examining the critical values of the disk drive. Compared to other software, Hard Disk Sentinel Pro detects and reports every disk problem. It is much more sensitive to disk failures and can display better and more detailed information about hard disk expected life and the problems found (if any).
This is a more sophisticated way to predict failures than the “traditional” method: checking S.M.A.R.T. attribute thresholds and values only. For more information, please read how S.M.A.R.T. works and why Hard Disk Sentinel Pro is different.
The software displays the current hard disk temperature and logs maximum and average HDD temperatures. This may be used to check the maximum temperature under a high hard disk load.
Changes in Hard Disk Sentinel 5.60 Build 10482:
Improvements and new features:
- added support of LSI / Broadcom 9440 Tri-mode SAS / SATA / NVMe RAID controllers: detect NVMe RAID array members, display complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of NVMe M.2 SSDs managed by Broadcom 9440 RAID controller, configured as NVMe RAID (in addition to SATA RAID, SAS RAID)
- added support of Highpoint RocketRAID 3740: detect complete hard disk drive status about SATA/SAS hard disk drives and SSDs configured as RAID
- added support of Adaptec SmartRAID 3152-8i Controller: detect complete hard disk drive status about SATA/SAS hard disk drives and SSDs configured as RAID
- added support of Lenovo 730 series RAID controller: detect hard disk drive status used in RAID configuration
- detect and report NVMe Namespace Information: total addressable sectors, current sector size, LBA format list (possible sector sizes) with performance
- added function to reset workload counters for Samsung PM883 / PM863a SSDs
- added support of KINGSTON SEDC450 series
- added support of KINGSTON KC600 series
- added support of Seagate Nytro SSDs, Innovation IT SSDs
- added support of Realtek RTL9210 NVMe-USB adapters
- added support of KESU USB hard disk / SSD enclosure, JAYCAR XC4687 USB HDD docking station
- added support of Raidsonic IB-1817M-C31 USB – NVMe SSD adapter with updated firmware
- added support of XT-XINTE USB 3.1 Type-C Adapter USB C 10Gbps USB-NVMe adapter
- added support of SSK USB-NVMe adapter
- added support of QNAP TR-004 4-bay USB – SATA RAID hard disk enclosure: detect and display the status of hard disk drives used in RAID configuration
- added support of HIKVISION SSDs
- added support of Kingston RBUS… series SSDs, new Kingspec SSDs
- added support of WDC PC SA530 SDATB8Y1T00
Improved hardware support:
- improved support of ASMEDIA ASM2362 USB-NVMe adapter detection and NVMe SSD status reporting
- improved support of various external USB SSDs
- improved support of various SAS SSDs, proper support of Sandisk SAS Optimus Eco SSDs
- improved display of SAS hard disks, SAS SSDs, added further self-monitoring data to the S.M.A.R.T. page of SAS drives
- improved support and correct health display of WD RED SSDs
- improved support of Crucial SSDs, Apacer AS340 / Apacer AS350 series SSDs
- improved detection under Windows XP with AMD chipset
- improved detection under Windows XP with ARECA RAID controllers
- improved detection with several Intel chipsets (both RAID and with standalone disk configuration)
- improved lifetime writes on Micron, Toshiba SSDs
- improved support of ADATA, Kingspec SATA SSDs
- improved support of Samsung Enterprise-class SSDs
- improved, extended detection of NVMe SSDs on Intel VROC RAID controller
- improved, extended detection of MaxCache SSDs on Adaptec SATA/SAS RAID controllers
- improved, extended detection on Marvell 9230 SATA RAID controller
- improved compatibility and USB drive status detection with Intel H87 chipset
- improved support of ADATA SSDs
- improved support of KINGSTON HyperX Fury 3D SSD support
- improved reporting of lifetime writes on many SANDISK and LITEON SSDs
- improved support of Lenovo SSDs
- improved support of newer Hitachi SAS Helium (He) drives, reporting additional self-monitoring details
- improved support of Lenovo SSDs: previously health maybe 1% only on a new SSD
- improved support of various Kingspec SSDs
- improved support of various Zheino SSDs
- improved support of LSI/DELL SAS/SATA controllers on the high number of disks and Cachecade configuration
- improved support of SK Hynix SC308/SC311 SSDs
- improved detection and compatibility with AMD RAID integrated controller
- improved compatibility with DELLBOSS SSD
- improved compatibility with IcyBox RD3620SU3
- improved health display for SCSI-NVMe translation
- improved performance display for eMMC when health drops to 0%
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- completely updated network engine, using TLS 1.2 protocol when sending e-mails
- fixed real-time performance display graph on NVMe SSDs
- improved disk selector on the user interface, faster redraw/response in case of the high number of disk drives
- improved logical drive and NTFS mount point detection and reporting
- improved adjustment window of acoustic level, advanced power management on high-DPI
- improved display of last update date/time for NAS drives
- completely new Turkish language support – thanks for Atif Zafrak for the translation
- fixed bug in HTML report at logical disk free space graph
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
Hard Disk Sentinel supports the detection of all hard disk drives, regardless of their connection and size. This includes all IDE, S-ATA (including Serial ATA II and Serial ATA 6G), SCSI, SAS, USB hard disk models with even capacities 2 TB and over. Hard Disk Sentinel automatically detects and displays the supported features of the disks, the temperature, and health information.
Different hard disk drives have different features. Older hard disk models may not have temperature sensors – in such cases, no temperature information is displayed in the software.
Hard Disk Sentinel also maintains a hard disk drive database with full details of over 6000 hard disk models from various vendors. This includes known hard disks from the past 15 years, from less than 100 MB models to today’s top and newest hard disk drives.
Hard Disk Sentinel both supports hybrid drives (SSHD) and supports over 2000 SSD models with different connections including IDE, SATA, mSATA, M.2, NVMe, SAS, USB and so.
Size: 25.87 MB
Language: Multilingual + English, Russian.