NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a small, environment-friendly, successful, professional open-source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is due to this fact very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user’s first experience along with your product, a stable and reliable installer is a vital component of a successful program.
With NSIS you may create installers that might be able to do every little thing that’s wanted to arrange your program. NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to deal with even the most advanced installation tasks.
Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you may create web installers, talk with Windows and different program components, install or update shared components, and more.
NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) Features:
- Generates self-contained executable installers
- Support for ZLib, BZip2 and LZMA data compression
- Uninstall support (installer can generate an uninstaller)
- The customizable user interface (dialogs, fonts, backgrounds, icons, text, checkmarks, images, etc.)
- Classic and Modern wizard interface
- Fully multilingual, support for multiple languages (together with RTL languages) in a single installer. More than 40 translations are already available, however, it’s also possible to create your personal.
- Page system. You can add standard wizard pages or customized pages
- User number of installation components, the tree for part choice
- Multiple install configurations (normally Minimal, Typical, Full), and customized configuration
- Installer self-verification using a CRC32 checksum
- Small overhead over compressed data size (34 KB with default options)
- Ability to display a license settlement in text or RTF format
- Ability to detect destination directory from the registry
- Easy to use the plug-in system. Lots of included plug-ins for the creation of customized dialogs, internet connections, HTTP downloading, file patching, Win32 API calls, etc.
- Installers may be as giant as 2GB
- Optional silent mode for automated installations
- A preprocessor with support for defined symbols, macros, conditional compilation, standard predefines
- Lovely coding experience with elements of PHP and assembly. Includes user variables, a stack, actual flow control, etc.
Installers have their own VMs that allow you to write code that may support
- File extraction (with configurable overwrite parameters)
- File/directory copying, renaming, deletion, looking out
- Plug-in DLL calling
- DLL/ActiveX control registration/unregistration
- Executable execution (shell execute and wait options)
- Shortcut creation
- Registry key reading/setting/enumerating/deleting
- INI file reading/writing
- Generic text file reading/writing
- Powerful string and integer manipulation
- Window finding based on class name or title
- User interface manipulation (font/text setting)
- Window message sending
- User interaction with message boxes or customized pages
- Branching, comparisons, etc.
- Error checking
- Reboot support, together with delete or rename on reboot
- Installer conduct commands (corresponding to show/hide/wait/etc.)
- User functions within the script
- Callback functions for user actions
- Added !uninstfinalize
- Added $USER.. and $COMMON.. alias constants
- Added GetDLLVersion /ProductVersion switch
- Added GetWinVer instruction
- Disallow start maximized mode
- Added /LAUNCH compiler switch
- PEAddResource now supports the res:// protocol
- System::Store can push/pop the flags state
Size: 1.48 MB