Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, this web application is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone. Since Joomla is based on PHP and MySQL, you’re building powerful applications on an open platform anyone can use, share, and support.
A content management system is a software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them.
Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of.
A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don’t have to.
This is an international project, with users and contributors around the world. It’s designed to be easy to install and set up even if you’re not an advanced user. Many Web hosting services offer a single-click install, getting your new site up and running in just a few minutes.
As a Web designer or developer, you can quickly build sites for your clients. Then, with a minimal amount of instruction, you can empower your clients to easily manage their own sites themselves.
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Many companies and organizations have requirements that go beyond what is available in the basic Joomla package. In those cases, Joomla’s powerful application framework makes it easy for developers to create sophisticated add-ons that extend the power of Joomla into virtually unlimited directions.
The core Joomla framework enables developers to quickly and easily build:
- Inventory control systems
- Data reporting tools
- Application bridges
- Custom product catalogs
- Integrated e-commerce systems
- Complex business directories
- Reservation systems
- Communication tools
Joomla 3.9.10 is fixing one bug introduced into Joomla 3.9.9 which affects the template styles of multilingual sites and results in lost data.
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority – Core – Filter attribute in subform fields allows remote code execution (affecting Joomla 3.9.7 through 3.9.8)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Repeatable Custom Fields: fix to keep HTML tags
- Media Manager: Modal layout improved
- Voting: Cache cleaned after voting
- Article ordering: Items grouped by category first
- Batch system: Improvements for Contact and Newsfeed
Size: 13.2 MB