phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. It supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB. Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) can be performed via the user interface, while you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.
phpMyAdmin is also very deeply documented in a book written by one of developers. Mastering phpMyAdmin for Effective MySQL Management, which is available in English and Spanish.
phpMyAdmin translated into 72 languages and supports both LTR and RTL languages.
phpMyAdmin is a 18 year old project with a stable and flexible code base. It has won several awards.
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
- maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage MySQL user accounts and privileges
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating graphics of your database layout in various formats
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- And much more…
Changes in phpMyAdmin 4.7.9 :
- Fixed double escaping in enum dropdowns
- Fixed broken sorting
- Fixed “Not an integer” error when browsing a table
- Fixed an error saying a form has over 1000 fields and suggesting changes to PHP’s max_input_vars configuration directive
Size: 11.0 MB