phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB.
Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) you can perform via the user interface. But you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.
phpMyAdmin comes with a wide range of documentation and users are welcome to update the wiki pages to share ideas and howtos for various operations. The phpMyAdmin team will try to help you if you face any problem. You can use a variety of support channels to get help.
phpMyAdmin is also very deeply documented in a book written by one of the developers. Mastering phpMyAdmin for Effective MySQL Management, which is available in English and Spanish.
phpMyAdmin is a mature project with a stable and flexible codebase. It has won several awards. Translated into 72 languages and supports both LTR and RTL languages.
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields, and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields, and indexes
- maintenance server, databases, and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage MySQL user accounts and privileges
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX, and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating graphics of your database layout in various formats
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- And much more…
Changes in php MyAdmin 4.9.6:
- PMASA-2020-5 XSS vulnerability with transformation feature
- PMASA-2020-6 SQL injection vulnerability with the search feature
Changes in php My Admin 5.0.4:
- Two-factor authentication was broken
- Incompatibilities with older PHP versions.
Size: 13.6 MB