Brave Browser is a free, fast, secure, and open-source web application based on the Chromium and available for your all devices. Complete with a built-in ad blocker that prevents tracking and provides security protection with optimized data and battery performance.
The Brave is much more than a web browser, it is a new way of thinking about how the web works. Brave is on a mission to fix the web by giving users a safer, faster, and better browsing experience while growing support for content creators through a new attention-based ecosystem of rewards.
Browse Faster – Load pages 3x to 6x faster
Watch Brave in action, head-to-head-to-head against Chrome and Firefox. Brave loads page three times as fast out of the box with nothing to install, learn, or manage.
Switching is easy – Import and continue where you left off
It’s easy to import your settings from your old browser. You can do it during the welcome tour or later through the menus. All of your old browser profiles will appear in a list. You can import other browser data through the main menu item called “Import Bookmarks and Settings.”
Support your favorite sites with Brave Rewards
Turn on Brave Rewards and give a little back to the sites you frequent most. Earn frequent flyer-like tokens (BAT) for viewing privacy-respecting ads through Brave and help fund the content you love.
Browsing the web with Brave is free: with Brave Rewards activated, you can support the content creators you love at the amount that works for you.
The browser can automatically distribute your contributions based on how much time you spend on sites. Or, you can choose to tip sites directly, and even offer a fixed monthly tip amount.
All of this works while keeping your browsing history private. Your funds are made available to site owners through an anonymous ledger system, so you can’t be identified based on the sites you visit and support. Over 10,000 publishers and content creators have registered to receive Brave Rewards.
Remember: these contributions are optional – browsing the web with Brave Browser is free.
Brave Browser Feature List:
- Fingerprinting prevention
- Cookie control
- HTTPS upgrading
- Block scripts
- Per-site shield settings
- Configurable global shield defaults
- Earn by viewing private ads
- Tip your favorite creators
- Contribute monthly to sites
- Auto-contribute to sites
- Verify with Uphold and move funds in and out of your wallet
- Become a verified creator and start earning BAT from tips, contributions, and referrals
Tabs and Windows
- Private Windows
- Pinned Tabs
- Drag and drop
- Close Options
- Find on page
- Print page
- Clear browsing data
- Built-in password manager
- Form autofill
- Control content access to the full-screen presentation
- Control site access to autoplay media
- Send “Do not track” with browsing requests
- Choose default search engine
- Use keyboard shortcuts for alternate search engines
- Option to use DuckDuckGo for private window search
- Add Bookmark
- Autosuggest URLs
- Search from the address bar
- Autosuggest search terms
- Show/hide bookmarks toolbar
- Show a secure or insecure site
Extensions and Plugins
- Brave Desktop now supports most of the Chrome extensions in the chrome web store
Changes in Brave Browser 1.9.76:
- Removed bookmark icon from top site tiles on the New Tab Page.
- Fixed notifications not working on WordPress sites.
- Fixed to allow cookies in first-party iframes nested inside third-party iframes when third-party cookie blocking is enabled.
- Fixed to allow storage in first-party iframes regardless of the relative parents of that first-party iframe.
- Fixed stats ping not being sent for users who updated to 1.9.72.
- Fixed unsuccessful login to the Binance widget after creating a new account.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
- 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04+, Mint 17+, Debian 9+, openSUSE 15+, Fedora Linux 28+, or CentOS/RHEL 8+
- iOS 12.0 or later.
- Varies with Android device
Size: 60.4 MB