Pale Moon is a custom-built and speed optimized Firefox browser. The project uses contributed Open Source code to create a full-featured, speed optimized browser based on the popular Firefox browser.
Having seen the advantages of other systems (e.g. Linux) with regards to programs being compiled specifically for the capabilities of the machine it is installed on, it became obviously clear that Windows users were at a disadvantage. Mozilla only releases windows executables with maximum compatibility in mind, meaning that Firefox is made to run on as many different systems as possible, sacrificing efficiency and speed in the process to be compatible with, by current standards, absolutely ancient hardware.
Mozilla does not provide optimized browser packages for Windows. That means you may be losing speed and efficiency when you use your browser.
That needs to change. Therefore Pale Moon project offers custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make sure to get the most speed and efficiency out of your browser!
Users will find a slightly more conservative approach to changes in the user interface in the Pale Moon browser. It, although very close to Firefox, is (now more obviously so than before) a different product. However, these differences in layout do not prevent anyone from configuring their browser interface to exactly the way they want it to look and work. Including like Mozilla Firefox’s default layout if they so wish.
Pale Moon Main features
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox profiles, bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
- Fixed a sampling issue in libsoundtouch (DiD)
- Fixed an issue with a new upcoming Windows 10 feature not honoring Private Browsing mode by default (DiD)
- Fixed several stability and memory safety hazards. (DiD)
- Fixed an issue where files could inadvertently be executed with the designated file type handler instead of opened. (CVE-2019-17019)
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 2 fixed, 7 DiD, 12 not applicable.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7/8/10/Server 2008 R2 or later
- A processor with SSE2 instruction support
- 1 GB of RAM
- At least 200 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
Size: 34.3 MB