Pale Moon is a custom-built and speed-optimized Firefox browser. The challenge makes use of contributed Open Source code to create a full-featured, speed optimized browser-based mostly on the Firefox browser.
Having seen the benefits on different systems (e.g. Linux) concerning programs being compiled particularly for the capabilities of the machine it’s installed on, it grew to become obviously clear that Windows users have been at a drawback.
Mozilla solely releases windows executables with the most compatibility in thoughts, which means that Firefox is made to run on as many various systems as possible, sacrificing effectivity and speed within the process to be appropriate with, by present requirements, completely historical hardware.
Mozilla doesn’t provide optimized browser packages for Windows. That means you might be dropping speed and effectiveness if you use your browser.
That wants to change. Therefore Pale Moon mission offers custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make certain to get essentially the most speed and effectiveness out of your browser!
Pale Moon Main options
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As secure because the browser has seen years of growth.
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes, and personas
- Able to make use of present Firefox profiles, bookmarks, and settings with this migration tool
- Uses barely much less memory due to disabled redundant and optionally available code
- Significant speed will increase for web page drawing and script processing
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4)
- Stability: expertise fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts together with WOFF
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
Users will find a barely more conservative method to modifications within the user interface within the Pale Moon browser. Though very near Firefox, it is (now more clearly so than earlier than) a unique product. However, these structure variations don’t stop anybody from configuring their browser interface to precisely the best way they need it to look and work. Including Mozilla Firefox’s default layout if they so want.
- Fixed potential crashes. DiD
- Fixed a possible indirect exploit of Microsoft Internet Explorer. (CVE-2021-38492)
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 1 fixed, 2 DiD, 8 not applicable.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7/8/10/Server 2008 R2 or later
- A processor with SSE2 instruction support
- 1 GB of RAM
- At least 200 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
Size: 31.5 MB