Waterfox is a high-performance browser based on the Mozilla Firefox source code. This code is taken and compiled to run specifically for 64-Bit Windows computers. To make Waterfox stand out a bit more, it’s compiled with optimizations so that it will run more efficiently and faster than just compiling Firefox as a 64-Bit program.
Waterfox focuses on giving users choices while also helping make the world a better place. It is partners with Ecosia, a search engine that plants trees with its generated revenues. The browser itself is focused on power users, which lets you make important decisions.
There is no plugin whitelist, you can run whichever extensions you like and absolutely no data or telemetry is sent back to Mozilla or the Waterfox project.
This web browser is based on the current stable Firefox build, which means it functions in exactly the same way. Aside from its name on the menu at the top of the main window, there’s nothing to differentiate it from Firefox. Waterfox shares your Firefox settings, so should you come to uninstall it. Don’t select the option to delete all personal information if you’re still using Firefox. And your add-ons and extensions work on any version of Firefox, on any platform!
Waterfox Browser Features
- Browse faster. Start faster, tab hop quicker, get more done.
- Customize your browser. Personalize Waterfox with everything from themes to privacy tools.
- Your favorite add-ons and extensions. Adblock, Unblock, LastPass and thousands more.
- Sync between devices. Get your tabs, logins, and history on the go.
- Traveling Tabs. View open tabs on any device.
- Waterfox for Android. Our most customizable application for Android yet.
- Balanced memory usage. Browse smoothly and leave plenty of memory for your computer programs.
- Better bookmarks. Quickly save and organize your favorite sites.
- More private. We don’t sell access to your online data. Period.
- No data collection. We have no need for your data, so you can browse freely.
- More powerful Private Browsing. More protection than Incognito mode or InPrivate.
- Ad tracker blocking. The Private Browsing module blocks ads with trackers.
- Password Manager. Forget the reset. Save passwords and logins quickly.
What’s new in Waterfox 2020.02:
- Latest security advisories from Mozilla
- Things from 2020.01 you might have missed:
- Waterfox Classic
- Fixed library requirements on Linux
- Various media library updates
- Added DNS resolution to web extensions API
- Updated timezone data for internationalization functions
- Enabled unprefixed Fullscreen API
- Various website rending issues fixed (Kinguin, Intel, Epic Games, and others)
- Fixed problems related to uBO HTML filters
- Updated en-US dictionary
- Waterfox Current
- Fixed ability to add add-ons via AMO
- Fixed graphical issues on macOS
- Added StartPage as an option
- Enabled containers
- Enabled playback of encrypted VP9 video in fMP4 container
- Disabled establishing connection to links the mouse hovers over
- Enabled user profile customizations and SVG properties
- New features:
- Restart button in PanelUI and Menu
- Copy the current tab URL
- Copy all tab URLs
- Added settings for disabling loading images automatically and exceptions
- Added new privacy settings
- Added possibility to hide and show Status Bar or Status Info Overlay
- Added possibility to change Tab Bar, Bookmarks Toolbar and Window Controls position
- Added option to enable an all-new settings layout
- Added support for new emoji in Unicode/Emoji 12
- Added possibility to set the browser’s logo as a menu icon
Changes in Waterfox 56.2.14:
- Security fixes.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64-bit).
- macOS: OS X Lion (10.7)
- Linux: Any modern distro
Size: 71.7 MB