Yandex Browser (Russian: Яндекс Браузер) is a freeware, quick and safe web browser with voice search and data compression. It developed by the Russian web search corporation Yandex. It uses the Blink web browser engine and is based on the Chromium open-source project.
The browser checks webpage security with the Yandex security system and checks downloaded files with Kaspersky Anti-virus. The browser also uses Opera Software’s Turbo technology to speed web browsing on slow connections.
Yandex Browser comes with an aggressive ad blocker, the voice assistant Alice and the ability to sync passwords between devices. Available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Yandex Browser Features:
- View stories, news, and videos sourced from the internet based on your interests and presented as a feed with Zen.
- Use the Side panel to activate Alice, manage your music, and save important notes. It also provides quick access to page search, history, bookmarks, notifications, and Yandex services.
- Protect your personal data when using public Wi-Fi networks and stay away from harmful or fraudulent pages – with the browser’s active security system Protect.
- Recommended content – stories, news, and videos sourced from the internet based on your interests and presented as a feed.
- Surf the web in private using Incognito Mode — Yandex Browser will not keep track of your passwords, search queries, or browsing history in this mode.
- Change the look of new tabs to suit your mood using different preset background designs or your own photos from your device.
- Access your favorite websites and bookmarks on any of your devices – just allow syncing of your data via your Yandex account.
- Hide unrelated interface elements — ads, site menus, buttons, or widgets — and leave only the relevant text and accompanying images on the screen with Reader Mode.
- Get rid of annoying ads on websites by integrating third-party blocking apps with adblocking.
On the internet, you can watch movies and do other things at the same time. For example, read up on actors or check your email. In many browsers, you have to switch between tabs to do this. In Yandex Browser, you can open a video in a separate window on top of other windows. You can use keyboard shortcuts to rewind or pause a video or adjust the playback speed.
You can use Yandex.Messenger to chat with your friends, businesses, or Alice, as well as read and create channels. You can react to messages using stickers or emojis. Yandex.Messenger also features text and voice messages with auto speech recognition, and voice and video calls.
Payment card manager.
You don’t have to enter your card details every time you make an online payment: you can store your card data encrypted in the browser or on the Yandex server. Use the password and card manager to add, change, and delete your card data.
DNS spoofing protection
Protect active security technology scans files and website for viruses, blocks fraudulent webpages, protect passwords and bank card details, and keeps online payments safe from theft.
The world’s first browser with support for DNSCrypt technology. Encrypts Domain Name System (DNS) traffic. For example, it protects from a trojan DNSChanger, a tracking Internet provider, or hackers. This option must be enabled in the browser settings.
When connecting to open Wi-Fi networks or to the points that use a weak WEP-defense, Yandex Browser automatically encrypts traffic between it and the HTTP sites.
Available 14 languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- macOS 10.12 (or later)
- iOS 11.0 or later
Size: 120 MB