Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a particularly lightweight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for home cinema utilization and appears similar to Windows Media Player 6.4, it has many extra features.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema lets you boost, decode, and speed up a broad span of film formats like x.264 with GPU-assisted acceleration and high-quality image enhancement. The MPC Home Cinema player doesn’t require more system resources than the remainder of the video media players to run easily. This is a low PC resource Windows0 media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics cards offer the possibility to decode partially or utterly a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), to reduce CPU utilization dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that makes use of this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC, and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic can VCD, SVCD, and DVD playback without installing any further programs or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3, and DTS audio, and likewise contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support were added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema additionally has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, and DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats are available in MPC HC. MPC may use the QuickTime and the ActualPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio, and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to take away Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 10, together with a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.77.1-1-g6f78a
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 22.12
- When the A-B repeat is active, the HOME button now seeks the A position instead of the beginning.
- Add support for the new LayoutResX/Y ASS subtitle header.
- Correctly apply to scale to blur tag in ASS subtitles.
- Some improvements to the FreeType fallback path for font rendering. Fixes the rare issue of missing text with certain complex fonts that fail with GDI.
- Added new advanced option MouseLeftUpDelay. This delays the left-click action on the video area in anticipation of a double-click. Can be used to prevent unwanted pausing when toggling fullscreen. The suggested value is 250ms. Disabled by default.
- Fixed a decoding issue with certain TrueHD audio streams
- The filename was wrong when saving the downloaded subtitle when moving to the next file in the folder/playlist
- Fixed style issue with embedded WebVTT
- Fixed hang in SaveThumbnails on seek failure with an incomplete file
- Fixed issue with seekbar safezone in the case that video area is hidden
- Several other small fixes
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 16.4 MB