Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a particularly lightweight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for home cinema utilization and appears similar to Windows Media Player 6.4, it has many extra features.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema lets you boost, decode, and speed up a broad span of film formats like x.264 with GPU-assisted acceleration and high-quality image enhancement. The MPC Home Cinema player doesn’t require more system resources than the remainder of the video media players to run easily. This is a low PC resource windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics cards offer the possibility to decode partially or utterly a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), to reduce CPU utilization dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that makes use of this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic can VCD, SVCD, and DVD playback without installing any further programs or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3, and DTS audio, and likewise contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support were added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema additionally has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats are available in MPC HC. MPC may use the QuickTime and the ActualPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio, and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to take away Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 10, together with a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.76.1-25-g24efe
- Some font-related efficiency improvements for rendering the player menu
- The Thumbnail sheet now uses a dark background color if a dark theme is enabled
- Fixed an issue with manual rotation with EVR-CP for videos that already had an automatic rotation
- Fixed an issue with parsing background color tags in WebVTT subtitles
- Fixed a regression with YDL preferred video format setting
- Several other small fixes
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 16 MB