Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a particularly lightweight media player for Windows. It is a Media Player Classic mod design for home cinema utilization and appears similar to Windows Media Player 6.4, it has many extra features.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema lets you boost, decode, and speed up a broad span of film formats like x.264 with GPU-assisted acceleration and high-quality image enhancement. The MPC Home Cinema player doesn’t require more system resources than the remainder of the video media players to run easily. This is a low PC resource windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs.
Modern graphics cards offer the possibility to decode partially or utterly a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), to reduce CPU utilization dramatically.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema includes an embedded video decoder that makes use of this technology, to decode x.264, H.264, HEVC, and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Supported Decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic can VCD, SVCD, and DVD playback without installing any further programs or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3, and DTS audio, and likewise contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support were added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema additionally has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats are available in MPC HC. MPC may use the QuickTime and the ActualPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio, and Image File Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
Additional Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to take away Tearing.
- Better support for Windows 10, together with a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 22.06
- Added support for rendering subtitles on DX11 surface. This is utilized by MPC Video Renderer (version 0.6.0 and above) in DX11 mode.
- Added option to automatically save a downloaded subtitle file. When enabled it saves the active subtitle when closing the video file.
- Added advanced option to specify the preferred audio format (AAC/Opus) when streaming from Youtube.
- The command line parameter /play without further parameters will now resume the last opened file.
- The command line parameter /pns now also supports explicit position and zoom values.
- Added support for rendering WebP images with internal filters.
- Added advanced option to specify image display duration. This setting is only supported by “Generate Still Video” and “MPC Image Source” filters. Generate Still Video seems to use a minimum of 10 seconds, so be aware of that. Image formats rendered by the internal LAV Filters will now have an infinite duration (at 1 fps) so they are no longer quickly skipped over in a playlist. Custom duration is not supported by that filter.
- The “Playlist” context menu option on the Formats options page now controls whether the “Add to Playlist” context menu entry is created.
- AB repeat values are now remembered when the file is reloaded after resuming from sleep.
- When saving the MPCPL playlist file, it now always uses relative paths when logical.
- Fixed regression with moving subs up/down.
- Fixed an issue with WebVTT subtitles when changing playback rate.
- Fixed an issue with the FullscreenSeparateControls option when moving to the next file.
- A few small bug fixes.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 15.9 MB