CCleaner is a freeware software utility designed to optimize the performance of Windows-based computers. With its powerful set of tools, it can help users speed up their system, free up disk space, and keep their computers secure.
One of the key features of CCleaner is its ability to clean up temporary files, internet history, cookies, and other junk data that accumulates over time. By removing these unnecessary files, this software can help free up valuable disk space and improve system performance. Additionally, it can help protect users’ privacy by removing sensitive information that may be stored on their computers.
Another useful tool included in CCleaner is the registry cleaner. The Windows registry is a database that stores configuration settings and options for the operating system and installed applications. Over time, the registry can become cluttered with outdated or invalid entries, which can slow down the computer or even cause errors. CCleaner’s registry cleaner can help users identify and fix these issues, resulting in a more stable and responsive system.
CCleaner also includes a set of tools for managing startup programs, uninstalling software, and managing browser plugins. These features can help users take control of their system and optimize it for their specific needs.
Overall, CCleaner is an essential tool for anyone looking to improve the performance and security of their Windows-based computer. Its easy-to-use interface, powerful set of tools, and the fact that it is completely free making it a popular choice for users around the world. So, if you’re looking to speed up your system, free up disk space, and keep your computer secure, be sure to give it a try!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, historical past, cookies, tremendous cookies, Autocomplete kind historical past, index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, historical past, cookies, tremendous cookies, obtain historical past, kind historical past.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, historical past, cookies, tremendous cookies, obtain historical past, kind historical past.
- Opera. Temporary files, historical past, cookies, tremendous cookies, obtain historical past.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, historical past, cookies, tremendous cookies, kind historical past.
- Other Supported Browsers. Okay-Mellon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron, Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant, and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard, DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps, Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced options to take away unused and outdated entries, together with File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts, and extra…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and up-to-date file lists (MRUs) from many apps together with Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip, and lots of extras!
Is CCleaner better than Disk Cleanup?
CCleaner is, in simplest terms, a disk cleanup tool. … (It’s just better than Windows’ built-in disk cleanup tool.) If your disk is almost full, then freeing up space can help boost performance—but running this program every day isn’t going to give you massive performance gains.
Changes in CCleaner 6.08.10255 :
- In Driver Updater, we’ve added some new information next to the progress bar to give you real-time information when installing new updates
- You can now see what stage each driver update is at
- We fixed an issue where crashes could occur after cleaning a closed browser
- In Driver Updater, we fixed alignment issues with text in some languages
- In Software Updater, we aligned how errors are shown
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Apple Mac running 64-bit macOS 10.10 and above.
Size: 51 MB