PotPlayer is a complete freeware video and audio player, that additionally supports TV channels, subtitles, and skins—done by the identical Korean writer as The KMPlayer.
It works with w/madVR/HR/EVR and Reclock of course… It’s a much improved/faster version of KMPlayer, including ffdshow and some other stuff to connect to a Korean-only video/chat network.
Plenty of features and rich customization. It gives its users great control over its functions. That allows modification of the video speed, adjusting the audio volume, and decreasing or increasing contrast and brightness.
Also, several skins are available so that users can match the appearance of their video player to the theme of their OS. The player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.
PotPlayer supports seamless playback (up to 1000 – AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MPG files at once, mixed containers are allowed), and auto-resume on the last 200 opened files. Also, it has fully configurable XML skin files and a D3D-exclusive mode. Other key features include WebCam/ Analog/ Digital TV device support, gapless video Playback, DXVA, and live broadcasting.
PotPlayer supports almost every available video format out there (such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, M2V, MTS, DPG, WebM, AMV, or DivX) formats. It also supports a wide range of audio formats (including, but not limited to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A, AAC, RA, FLAC, and MOD), and recognizes several playlist formats (like M3U, ASX, PLS, WVX, or CUE).
Supports Various Subtitle Formats: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), DVD (Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation, and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
More Advanced Features in Daum PotPlayer:
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound-playing cards.
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices equivalent to DVD, TV, and HDTV.
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 231102 (1.7.22031) :
- Added the ability to display multiple lines in the subtitle explorer
- NOTCHLC video codec playback function added
- Modified to apply HDR color correction when capturing video if possible
- Fixed an issue where the DTS pass-through function did not work on certain systems
- Fixed an issue where embedded subtitles were displayed overlapping when playing files without interruption.
- Fixed an issue where playback completion did not occur when using the delete-related file function upon completion of playback.
- Fixed a problem that freezing when playing HEVC with DXVA on old Intel GPUs
- Fixed an issue where certain MKV videos could not be played after searching for them.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 33 MB