SMPlayer is a free media player with built-in codecs that may play all video and audio formats. It comes with several skins and icon themes, so you may simply change the player’s look.
SMPlayer doesn’t want any external codecs. Just install this player and also you’ll be capable of playing all formats without the effort to find and install codec packs.
This common player is a graphical user interface (GUI) for the award-winning MPlayer, which can enjoy nearly all identified video and audio formats. It can play mpv, avi, mp4, mkv, mpeg, mov, divx, h.264, ogm, mpeg, vob, 3gp, asf, wmv, mp3, ogg…
One of probably the most attention-grabbing features – it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to observe a movie however it’s important to go away… don’t worry, once you open that movie once more it will likely be resumed at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume…
But other than offering access to the most typical and helpful options of MPlayer, SMPlayer provides different attention-grabbing features like the likelihood to play and search Youtube videos or download subtitles.
SMPlayer includes many advanced features like video and audio filters, change of the playback speed, adjustment of audio and subtitles delay, video equalizer… and lots more.
- Configurable subtitles. You can select the font and size, and even colors for the subtitles.
- Audio track switching. You can select the audio track you need to listen to. Works with avi and mkv. And after all with DVDs.
- Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go ahead or backward within the video.
- A video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and gamma of the video image.
- Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X…, and even in sluggish movement.
- Filters. Several filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise…, and even a karaoke filter (voice removing).
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. It allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
- Advanced options, equivalent to choosing a demuxer or video and audio codecs.
- Playlist. It allows you to enqueue several files to be played after the opposite. Autorepeat and shuffle are supported too.
- Preferences dialog. You can simply configure each option of SMPlayer by using a pleasant preferences dialog.
- Possibility to search automatically for subtitles in opensubtitles.org.
- Translations: more than 20 languages, together with Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese….
- It’s multiplatform. Binaries are available for Windows and Linux.
- The player is under the GPL license.
Changes in SMPlayer 22.7.0 :
- Better statistic info in the OSD (Shift + I).
- Bug fixes regarding MPRIS2.
- MPRIS2 is compiled (but disabled by default) on Windows and Mac OS.
- SM Player is available for Windows and Linux.
- SMPlayer is suitable with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11.
- 2-in-1 devices with touch screens are additionally supported.
Size: 44.4 MB
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 for Windows 32-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 for Windows 64-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 Portable for Windows 32-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 Portable for Windows 64-bit
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 for macOS
DOWNLOAD SMPlayer 22.7.0 for Linux
DOWNLOAD SM Player 22.7.0 AppImage
DOWNLOAD SM Player 22.7.0 Flatpak