VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms, licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the modifying energy of a general-purpose editor comparable to Adobe Premiere, however, is streamlined for quick linear operations over video.
It has batch-processing capabilities for processing massive numbers of files and may be prolonged with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is especially geared towards processing AVI files, though it might probably read (not write) MPEG-1 and likewise deal with sets of BMP images. It can be utilized to delete segments of a video file, append new segments, or reorder current segments.
However, segments of various files can’t be blended, and no transition effects may be utilized. VirtualDub is designed to process linear video streams, together with filtering and recompression.
VirtualDub has digital and analog capture capabilities. It supports each DirectShow and Video for Windows capture. Also, VirtualDub comes with several filters.
- Fractional frame rates. Don’t accept 29 or 30 whenever you need 29.97.
- Optimized disk access for more constant hard disk usage.
- Create AVI2 (OpenDML) files to interrupt the AVI 2GB barrier and multiple files to interrupt the FAT32 4GB restriction.
- Integrated volume meter and histogram for input stage monitoring.
- Real-time downsizing, noise reduction, and field swapping.
- Verbose monitoring, together with compression levels, CPU usage, and free disk space.
- Access is hidden video formats your capture card might support however not have a setting, comparable to 352×480.
- Keyboard and mouse shortcuts for sooner operation. To capture, simply hit F6.
- Clean interface layout: caption, menu bar, information panel, status bar.
- Reads and writes AVI2 (OpenDML) and multi-segment AVI clips.
- Integrated MPEG-1 and Motion-JPEG decoders.
- Remove and replace audio tracks without touching the video.
- Extensive video filter set, together with blur, sharpen, emboss, easy, 3×3 convolution, flip, resize rotate, brightness/contrast, levels, deinterlace, and threshold.
- Bilinear and bicubic resampling — no blocky resizes or rotates right here.
- Decompress and recompress each audio and video.
- Remove segments of a video clip and save the remaining, without recompressing.
- Adjust frame rate, decimate frames, and 3:2 pulldown removing.
- Preview the outcomes, with live audio
Changes in VirtualDub 1.10.4 Build 35491 Stable:
- ExtEnc: Added %(output basename) to insert output filename without extension.
- ExtEnc: Editor UI now has a drop-down for tokens.
- Filters: Expanded color space support in resize filter.
- Preview: Return now additionally stops the preview.
- AVI: Added Copy button to AVI file information dialog.
- AVI: Fixed bits per pixel value for NV12 output.
- Capture: Improved error dealing within the screen capture module.
- Capture: Fixed sporadic errors in DXGI 1.2 screen capture mode associated with tracking pointer form modifications.
- Capture: Spill drives may be adjusted on Windows XP.
- Display: Fixed regression in D3D effects display mode.
- ExtEnc: Fixed weird choice conduct when duplicating item.
- Filters: Fixed script operation for Convert Format filter for the new modes.
- Filters: Fixed crash when trying to crop video in a format that isn’t AVI-compatible.
- Filters: Fixed cropping errors on the alias format filter.
- Filters: Fixed issues with interpolate filter within the nearest mode.
- GIF: Fixed shifted presentation timings when reading animated GIFs.
- Render: The processing priority setting now accurately adjusts the priority of filter and compression employee threads too when multithreading is enabled.
- TARGA: Fixed vertical inversion issues throughout the reading.
- UI: Add Windows 8.1 per-monitor DPI consciousness support.
Size: 1.84 MB