MKVToolNix is, no doubt, one of many the best assortment of devices (mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit, and mmg) for modifying MKV files.
With these devices, one can get particulars about (by way of mkvinfo) Matroska files, extract tracks/data from (by way of mkvextract) Matroska files, and create (by way of mkvmerge) Matroska files from completely different media files.
Matroska is a model new multimedia file format aiming to alter into THE new container format for the long term. You can uncover further particulars about it and its underlying experience, the Extensible Binary Meta Language (EBML), at https://www.matroska.org
The graphical particular person interface (GUI) allows you to manipulate Matroska (MKV) files in quite a lot of strategies. You can use these devices to create, break up, edit, mux, demux, merge, extract, or study Matroska files.
MKVToolnix could even work with completely different video codecs. Such as AVI, MPEG, MP4, MPEG, Ogg/OGM, RealVideo, MPEG1/2, H264/AVC, Dirac, VC1.
And further along with some video codecs just like VP9 video codec help – learning from IVF, Matroska, WebM files, extract to IVF files.
Moreover, this method can work with audio files just as AAC, FLAC, MP2, MP3, AC3, DTS/DTS-HD, Vorbis, and RealAudio. Moreover work with most subtitle codecs along with SRT, PGS/ SUP, VobSub, ASS, and SSA.
It is a cross-platform software program that may work on Microsoft Windows (every 32 and 64-bit variations), Apple macOS, and Linux working applications.
There may also be the moveable mannequin which does not require an arrangement. You merely need to begin out the efficiency. It may be saved on exterior items and run on any laptop computer you’ve got entry to.
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge, MKVToolNix GUI’s multiplexer: added support for the Emphasis audio track header element via the
--audio-emphasisoption. It is also read from Matroska files.
- mkvmerge: the options
--list-audio-emphasishave been added to list all support numerical & textual values for the
- mkvpropedit, MKVToolNix GUI’s header editor: added support for the Emphasis audio track header element via the
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when the track properties are configured to be displayed in a tab widget below the files & tracks in the “Input” tab, the “Color information” tab will be laid out in two columns. This reduces the minimum height the whole tab widget requires. Implements #3401.
- MKVToolNix GUI: greatly sped up closing the preferences dialog by only re-running certain initialization functions when their corresponding settings have changed. Also fixes issues such as #3406.
- mkvinfo, MKVToolNix GUI’s info tool: added support for the following new elements from Matroska v5: Emphasis audio track header element; Chapter Skip Type; Edition Display; Edition String; Edition Language IETF.
- mkvmerge, mkvpropedit: added support for the following new chapter elements from Matroska v5: Chapter Skip Type; Edition Display; Edition String; Edition Language IETF. The GUI’s chapter editor will receive support for them in the next release.
- mkvmerge: Ogg/OGM reader: mkvmerge will now correctly skip tracks of unsupported types as well as tracks for which all track header pages haven’t been found. Fixes #3394.
Build system changes
- libEBML 1.4.4 & libMatroska 1.7.1 are now required.
- The bundled libEBML & libMatroska libraries were updated to v1.4.4 & v1.7.1 respectively.
- The bundled
fmtlibrary was updated to v9.1.0.
- The bundled
nlohmann-jsonlibrary was updated to v3.11.2.
Works on Microsoft Windows (each 32 and 64-bit version), Apple macOS, and Linux working programs.
Size: 24.8 MB