Microsoft Edge is a lightweight Windows, Android, and iOS web browser. It gives you one continuous browsing experience across your mobile devices to your Microsoft Windows 11 or 10 PC.
Your stuff syncs in the background, allowing you to browse across devices, without skipping a beat. It has new features, including integration with Cortana, annotation tools, and a reading mode.
You can view your favorites, reading list, browsing history, and downloads at the Hub. A sidebar providing functionality similar to Internet Explorer’s Downloads Manager and Favorites Center. In addition, the browser includes an integrated PDF reader. It also supports asm.js.
Edge does not support legacy technologies such as ActiveX and Browser Helper Objects, and will instead use an extension system.
Familiar Microsoft Edge features like the Hub allow users to organize the web in a way that cuts through the clutter, making it easier to find, view, and manage their content on the go.
Microsoft Edge Features:
- Continue on PC: Go wherever and choose the place you left off by seamlessly transferring content material between your mobile device and PC (requires Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update).
- Data Sync: Your favorites, passwords, and studying checklist are synced throughout your devices. So irrespective of the device, your browser is time personalized to you.
- Hub View: Your favorites, studying checklist, historical past, and books multi-function place. Finding and managing your content material is easy.
- QR Code Reader: Easily learn QR codes at the touch of a button. Microsoft Edge will pull up the studying and information properly onto your screen.
- Voice Search: You can now use your voice to go look at the web. Ask a query or converse immediately to make use of the web in more pure, acquainted methods.
- InPrivate: When you browse with InPrivate mode, your browsing data (historical past, nonpermanent internet files, cookies) will be saved on your PC.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (64-bit)
- Android 7.0 and higher,
- iOS 15.0 or later.
Size: 155 MB