Microsoft Edge is a lightweight web browser for Windows, Android, and iOS. It provides you with one steady browsing expertise throughout your mobile devices to your Microsoft Windows 10 PC.
Your stuff syncs within the background, permitting you to browse throughout devices, without skipping a beat. It has new features, together with integration with Cortana, annotation tools, and a studying mode.
You can view your favorites, study the checklist, browse the historical past, and download it on the Hub. A sidebar offering performance much like Internet Explorer’s Downloads supervisor and Favorites Center. In addition, the browser includes a built-in PDF reader. It additionally supports asm.js.
Microsoft Edge doesn’t support legacy applied sciences resembling ActiveX and Browser Helper Objects, and can as an alternative use an extension system.
Familiar Microsoft Edge features just like the Hub enables users to prepare the web in a manner that cuts via the litter, making it simpler to search out, view, and handle their content material on the go.
Microsoft Edge Features:
- Continue on PC: Go wherever and choose up the place you left off by seamlessly transferring content material between your mobile device and PC (requires Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update).
- Data Sync: Your favorites, passwords, and studying checklist are synced throughout your devices. So irrespective of the device, your browser is time personalized to you.
- Hub View: Your favorites, studying checklist, historical past, and books multi-function place. Finding and managing your content material is easy.
- QR Code Reader: Easily learn QR codes at the touch of a button. Microsoft Edge will pull up the studying and information properly onto your screen.
- Voice Search: You can now use your voice to go look the web. Ask a query or converse immediately to make use of the web in more pure, acquainted methods.
- InPrivate: When you browse with InPrivate mode, your browsing data (historical past, nonpermanent internet files, cookies) received be saved on your PC.
- Ability to control automatic profile switching. The GuidedSwitchEnabled policy lets Microsoft Edge prompt the user to switch to the appropriate profile when Microsoft Edge detects that a link is a personal or work link.
- Client Certificate Switcher. This feature will offer a way for users to clear the remembered certificate and resurface the certificate picker when visiting a site requiring HTTP certificate authentication. Switching can be done without manually quitting Microsoft Edge.
- More reliable web defense. Browse the web with more reliable protection thanks to the rewritten Microsoft Defender SmartScreen library for Microsoft Edge on Windows. The NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled policy will allow enterprise customers to continue using the legacy version of the library until it’s deprecated in Microsoft Edge version 105.
- Work Search Banner in the Microsoft Edge address bar. This banner helps you stay in the flow of your work by narrowing your search focus to work-only results. To see work-focused results from your organization, select the banner at the beginning of your search. To be directed to your organization’s workplace search results page, select the banner at any point of your search. Use the AddressBarMicrosoftSearchInBingProviderEnabled policy to turn this feature on or off.
- GuidedSwitchEnabled – Guided Switch Enabled
- InternetExplorerZoomDisplay – Display zoom in IE Mode tabs with DPI Scale included like it is in Internet Explorer
- LiveCaptionsAllowed – Live captions allowed
- OriginAgentClusterDefaultEnabled – Origin-keyed agent clustering enabled by default
Additional policy changes
- SleepingTabsTimeout – Set the background tab inactivity timeout for sleeping tabs. Note: A timeout of 30 seconds of inactivity was added to this policy.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (64-bit)
- Android 6.0 and higher,
- iOS 14.0 or later.
Size: 110 MB