Mp3tag is a sturdy and easy-to-use widespread Tag Editor that allows enhancing metadata of frequent audio codecs the place it helps ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments, and APE Tags.
It can rename files based totally on the tag knowledge, change characters or phrases in tags and filenames, import/export tag knowledge, create playlists, and further.
Mp3tag helps online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, Discogs, or freedb, allowing you to routinely acquire appropriate tags and cover artwork in your music library.
Besides these options, Mp3tag presents a variety of various capabilities and options ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over help for iTunes-specific tags like media variety or TV Show settings, to combining numerous actions into groups that could be utilized with a single mouse click on on.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes applicable)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (Ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (WMA)
- WavPack (WV)
- Batch-Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags, and Vorbis Comments to numerous files instantly.
- Support for Cover Art DOWNLOAD and add album covers to your files and make your library even shinier.
- Import from Amazon, Discogs, FreeDB, MusicBrainz Save typing, and import tags from on-line databases like Amazon, Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and further.
- Replace characters or phrases Replace strings in tags and filenames (with help for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists routinely Create and deal with playlists routinely whereas modifying.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based totally on the tag knowledge and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generates good experiences and lists of your assortment based totally on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are completely Unicode compliant.
Changes in Mp3tag 3.11:
- [2021-10-26] NEW: added support for new Windows 11 context menu.
- [2021-10-23] NEW: added menu icon to Explorer context menu shell extension (requires a restart to be up to date if already installed and in use).
- [2021-10-22] FIX: read-only file attribute was silently removed when writing tags (since v3.05a).
- [2021-10-22] CHG: WAV and AIFF files with additional null bytes at end of RIFF chunks are actually read despite these inconsistencies.
- [2021-10-22] FIX: position of progress dialog was not all the time remembered.
- [2021-10-21] FIX: the main focus was lost from Tag Panel in some instances when navigating to the next/previous file by way of Ctrl+N/Ctrl+Shift+N and the file was saved (since v3.07a).
- [2021-10-20] NEW: added support for MP4 fields NARRATOR and PUBLISHER.
- [2021-10-15] NEW: added cover preview by way of a double click on the cover on the Tag Panel.
- [2021-10-13] CHG: position of most dialogs is remembered now.
- [2021-10-12] CHG: selecting portable installation won’t remove desktop and start-menu shortcuts anymore.
- [2021-10-11] CHG: reflect that option to include development builds on checking for updates is all the time enabled when using a development build.
- [2021-10-11] FIX: writing cover art of the same type resulted in identical APEv2 field names which aren’t allowed based on the specification.
- [2021-10-09] FIX: regression relating to background color in light mode (since v3.08a).
- [2021-10-08] NEW: added support for cover types other than Front and Back for APEv2 using Cover Art (type) as a naming scheme.
- [2021-10-07] FIX: be sure that no duplicates are listed within the Tag Panel genres list and change the default example for user-defined genres to Audio Drama on new installs.
- [2021-10-06] FIX: cover art with the same size in bytes and different content was not reported as different covers at Tag Panel and Extended Tag Dialog.
- [2021-10-06] FIX: editing tag fields in prolonged tag dialog did not refresh background in dark mode (since v3.08a).
- [2021-09-26] LNG: up to date Armenian, Catalan, French, Hebrew, Serbian, Serbian (Latin), Spanish, and Ukrainian translation.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.10 MB